Redefining server-based storage flexibility.
Boost workload efficiency like never before with unprecedented PowerEdge in-chassis storage flexibility.
Flash storage anywhere, or everywhere: New flash-capable configurations mean fast data access for faster applications performance. Configurations include 1.8" SATA SSDs, 12Gb SAS SSDs and ultra-high-performance NVMe Express Flash PCIe drives that enable optional SanDisk DAS Cache application acceleration technology.
- Flexibly leverage SSDs to maximize application performance. With flexible zoning and dual PERC cards, you can now flexibly leverage SSDs to maximize performance in 4 SSDs + 20 HDDs, 8 SSDs + 16 HDDs or 12 SSDs + 12 HDDs.
- Enhance database performance by using flash drives to cache "hot" data, while simultaneously having up to 48TB* of server-based storage with NL-SAS/SATA HDDs.
- Increase concurrent usage and system response for OLTP applications by combining NVMe drives and Dell caching solutions.
- Provide efficient, high-performance scale-out storage for IT-as-a-service (XaaS) providers, Big Data (Hadoop) users and co-location hosting by combining traditional hard drives and solid-state flash drives to ensure data is where it's needed, when it's needed.
- Enable more, bigger and lower-cost mailboxes with 33 percent greater storage drive capacity than previous generations.
- Improve response times with up to 15 percent greater memory bandwidth than earlier generations and help increase IO performance with the customizable throughput of Dell Select Network Adapters.
- Enhance overall Exchange performance with 12Gb PERC9 RAID controllers, featuring double the cache and throughput over previous generations.
- Optimize Lync performance and responsiveness in virtual environments by directly mapping more VMs to the increased number of physical processor cores.
Storage virtualizationThe latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, with up to 22 cores per socket, provides the cycles and threads necessary to support today’s diverse workloads in virtual environments, including virtualized local storage. To further enhance these deployments, the R730xd features:
- DDR4 RAM that supports more, larger and higher-performance virtual machines per node, drawing up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Multi-mode RAID controllers with twice the storage bandwidth of previous generations
- Compatibility with software defined storage (SDS) solutions, such as Microsoft Storage Spaces, VMware® Virtual SAN™ (vSAN) and OpenStack Ceph
Simplify and automate your IT management tasksManage your data center servers the way you want: individually, collectively, in-person, remotely or with your smartphone — it’s your choice. Consistent administration and 3rd-party integration ensure seamless management of PowerEdge servers.
|Simplify administration of PowerEdge servers with the embedded intelligence of the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller and with the robust, timesaving management features of the entire Dell OpenManage portfolio.|
|Lifecycle Controller provides deployment, update and support automation on demand to maximize data center efficiency and can automatically inventory, monitor and update any new Dell PowerEdge system added to the data center. It includes managed and persistent onboard storage that, when combined with its systems management capabilities, eliminates the need for traditional media-based system management tools and utilities.|
|Zero-touch automated deployment discovers and auto-configures Dell servers by using configuration files stored in designated locations on an internal network, which can reduce setup time and manual entry errors. Administrators can simply rack, cable and walk away.|
|Automated server updates synchronize servers to firmware baselines stored at designated locations on an internal network to simplify firmware updates.|
|The Tech Support Report, automatically maintained by iDRAC, is a continuously updated health and status report that monitors over 5,000 key system parameters and can help cut time needed to identify and resolve server issues.|
Monitor and manage from anywhereAdminister systems from your smartphone, laptop or at the system with both local and remote management options.
- Use your smartphone with the OpenManage Mobile app to securely monitor remote systems, or connect to a server via Near Field Communications (NFC) to access a status report and logs using the iDRAC Quick Sync feature.
- Use a USB memory stick to upload configurations files for BIOS, iDRAC, PERC, LAN on motherboard (LOM) and network interface card (NIC) updates with the iDRAC Direct feature.
- Connect a laptop via USB to a specific server’s embedded iDRAC8 management-console interface for robust "at the system" management.
Accelerate IT service deploymentStreamline infrastructure provisioning, speed up workload deployment and simplify IT service delivery through the unified console and highly intuitive user interface of Active System Manager. Enhanced for the latest generation of PowerEdge servers, it features:
- Template-based server and IO configurations, identity management and service migration capabilities
- Fast workload deployment with an expanding out-of-box template library
- Cloud enablement with support for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS), including Red Hat and VMware solutions
Enabling the future-ready data centerProviding ample scale-out capacity with a versatile, multi-terabyte storage footprint, the R730xd delivers among the best cost-per-gigabyte performance in a 2U server. It also provides the availability and efficiency needed to power data centers yet to come, with features including:
- Two Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors (22 cores max per CPU; 44 total max cores per server)
- 24 DIMM slots supporting up to 1.5TB of memory
- Redundant power supply units (PSUs)
- Hot-plug and swappable PSUs, HDDs and fans
- Dual SD card option for failsafe hypervisors
- Fresh Air 2.0 configurations
Choose Dell’s premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7* direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5 2600 v4 product family
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
- Intel C610 series chipset
- Up to 1.5TB (24 DIMM slots): 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB DDR4 up to 2400MT/s
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- Supported optional hypervisors:
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008, with Hyper-V®
VMware® vSphere® ESXiTM
- SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD, PCIe SSD:
Up to 81TB with 18 x 1.8” 960GB SATA SSD = 8 x 3.5” SATA/nearline SAS HDD
Up to 46.8TB with 24 x 2.5” 1.8TB hot-plug SAS HDD + 2 x 2.5” 1.8TB hot-plug SAS HDD
Up to 131.6TB with 12 x 3.5 8TB nearline SAS HDD = 4 x 3.5 8TB nearline SAS + 2 x 2.5 1.8TB SAS HDD or SSD
- Internal hard drive bay and hot-plug backplane:
Up to 18 x 1.8” SSD: SATA
Up to 24 x 2.5” + 2 x 2.5” HDD: SAS, SATA, Near-line SAS SSD: SAS, SATA, up to 4 NVMe Express Flash PCIe
Up to 16 x 3.5” + 2 x 2.5” HDD: SAS, SATA, Near-line SAS SSD: SAS, SATA
- Slot 1: Half Length, Half Height, PCIe Gen3 x8 (x16 connector) low profile bracket
Slot 2: Half Length, Half Height, PCIe Gen3 x8 (x16 connector) low profile bracket
Slot 3: Half Length, Half Height, PCIe Gen3 x8 (x16 connector) low profile bracket
Slot 4: Full Length, Full Height, PCIe Gen3 x16 (x16 connector)
Slot 5: Full Length, Full Height, PCIe Gen3 x8 (x16 connector)
Slot 6: Full Length, Full Height, PCIe Gen3 x16 (x16 connector)
Dedicated RAID card
- 4 x 1Gb, 2 x 10Gb
- Broadcom® 5719 quad-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 5720 dual-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb DA/SFP+ CNA
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb Base-T network adapter
Intel® Ethernet I350 dual-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet I350 quad-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet X540 dual-port 10GBASE-T server adapter
Mellanox® ConnectX®-3 dual-port 10Gb Direct Attach/SFP+ server network adapter
Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual-port 40Gb Direct Attach/QSFP server network adapter
Emulex® LPE 12000, single-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPE 12002, dual-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16000B, single-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16002B, dual-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex OneConnect OCe14102-U1-D 2-port PCIe 10GbE CNA
QLogic® 2560, single-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
QLogic 2562, dual-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
Qlogic 2660, single-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
Qlogic 2662, dual-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
- 1100W AC, 86 mm 13G (Platinum+)
1100W DC, 86 mm 12G (Gold)
750W AC, 86 mm 12G (Platinum)
750W AC, 86 mm 12G (Diamond)
495W AC, 86 mm 12G (Platinum)
- ECC memory
Hot-plug hard drives
Hot-plug redundant cooling
Hot-plug redundant power
Internal Dual SD Module
Single Device Data Correction (SDDC)
Support for high availability clustering and virtualization
Proactive systems management alerts
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
- H: 8.73 cm (3.44 in.) x W: 44.40 cm (17.49 in.) x D: 68.40 cm (26.92 in.)
- Dell OpenManage portfolio of systems management solutions, including:
OpenManage Essentials console
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
Dell Global Services
Dell offers a wide range of professional services to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your IT environment to help you transition from platform to platform.
Dell Support Services
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite* offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services aims to complement your relationship with Dell as a trusted partner by offering Education Services for our own products, for industry leading infrastructure solutions and for the ongoing development of your organization. It is a global organization with local representation, classrooms and web-based training available worldwide
Contact your Dell representative today for more information.
Transform your data center. We can help.
When you buy a Dell server, you get more than just hardware. You get access to IT solutions end to end. From the onboard iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller in each server — to a huge array of complementary technologies, software, and services — we help you develop data center solutions that advance the goals of your business or organization, for now, and for the future.
Among an array of innovative technologies, you’ll find state-of-the-art solutions for systems management, storage, networking and so much more.
State-of-the-art systems management
You can improve the performance, productivity and availability of your data center resources with our cutting edge portfolio of systems management solutions. Get anytime anywhere mobile access to your hardware, agent-free embedded management, extensive automation, and connections to third-party management solutions you may already use.
Innovative storage solutions
Improve security and performance while you store more data on less hardware across your data center. Our storage server portfolio brings you technologies like our industry-leading deduplication and compression algorithms, our patented high-performance Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS), and advanced, intelligent autotiering.
You can optimize and modernize your network infrastructure, and evolve beyond proprietary architectures with our open, standards-based networking solutions, and ready paths to software defined networking (SDN). We’ve been delivering high-performance, reliable networking solutions for over a decade, and today we power some of the world’s most demanding enterprise and Cloud/Web 2.0 environments.
And so much more
Servers, storage and networking solutions are just the tip of the iceberg of technologies we can help you develop, manage and optimize. When you visit our solutions pages, you’ll find insights and resources for the following technologies, and many more:
|•||Cloud Computing||•||Power and Cooling|
|•||High Performance Computing||•||Virtualization|
|•||Networking||•||And more …|
Visit our Solutions site for details, or talk to a Dell expert for one-on-one expertise.