Vision. Drive. Stamina. That's where we started.
For nearly three decades, Dell has been on an incredible journey, experiencing positive growth on a global scale. Through it all, it's our people — customers, business partners and team members — who keep us moving through the rapidly evolving world of technology.
Key moments in our history.
Our company history is full of interesting developments. And we couldn't help but pick out a few of our favorite milestones to share:
- 1984 — At the age of 19, Michael Dell found PC's Limited with $1,000 and a game-changing vision for the technology industry.
- 1988 — We complete our initial public offering, raising $30 million and increasing market capitalization from $1,000 to $85 million.
- 1992 — Dell debuts on the Fortune 500, making Michael Dell the youngest CEO on the list.
- 1996 — Dell.com launches, generating $1 million in sales per day just six months after site is live.
- 2001 — Dell becomes the No. 1 computer systems provider worldwide.
- 2005 — Dell tops the list of "America's Most Admired Companies" in Fortune magazine.
- 2010 — Dell is ranked the No. 1 healthcare information technology services provider in the world according to Gartner, Inc.
- 2013 — Michael Dell and private equity firm Silver Lake Partners buy back Dell from public shareholders to accelerate our solutions strategy and to focus on the innovations and long-term investments with the most customer value.