Dell Software Launches SonicOS 5.9 to Address Evolving Security Demands and Expand Networking Capabilities of its Firewalls
|Share.||Follow.||Join the conversation.|
- Dell SonicWALL SonicOS 5.9 includes more than 45 new feature enhancements
- New features and capabilities enable advanced networking features, enhance control for network administrators and improve end-user experience
- SonicOS 5.9 offers cutting-edge threat prevention, intrusion prevention and application control for IPv6 enabled networks
Dell Software today announced the largest release of its award-winning SonicOS operating system for Dell SonicWALL Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) and Unified Threat Management (UTM). The release of SonicOS 5.9 demonstrates Dell’s continued investment in the Dell SonicWALL line of firewalls, post acquisition.
The highly anticipated SonicOS 5.9 provides Dell SonicWALL customers more than 45 new feature enhancements including:
- Advanced protection for IPv6 networks provides support for deep packet inspection of IPv6 traffic flows, enabling organizations to rest easy knowing they are protected against threats such as intrusions and malware in IPv4, IPv6 or mixed environments.
- Enhanced Clean Wireless capabilities assures organizations that their wireless traffic is secured using the same deep-packet inspection engine protecting the wired portions of their network.
- Consolidation of advanced networking, deployment and management features such as an all new Command Line Interface (CLI); support for SNMPv3; Active/Active Clustering; BGP; enhancements to the bandwidth management engine; and an enhanced logging engine.
- Increased productivity for wireless networks includes features such as traffic quotas and enhanced guest services to reduce administrative burdens, while improving the end user experience, and ensuring equal access to the wireless bandwidth.
- SonicOS 5.9 simplifies the management and deployment of Dell SonicWALL firewalls by consolidating a series of features that provide even greater protection and return on investment to existing deployments, with decreased IT Admin time requirements and downtime.
- Customers with valid support contracts for Dell SonicWALL Next-Generation Firewalls or Unified Threat Management appliances can move to the SonicOS 5.9 platform at no additional cost.
Patrick Sweeney, executive director, product management, Dell SonicWALL:
“SonicOS 5.9 delivers new features and capabilities that enable Dell customers, ranging from small and medium organizations to enterprises and government, to benefit from the new features such as enhanced DLP with regular expressions, clustering support, new CLI, enhanced wireless capabilities, and deep security protection for IPv6 networks, among many other new features.”
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers organizations of all sizes to experience Dell’s “Power to Do More” by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.