Dell Software Gains Momentum with Product Awards and Finalist Nominations
Date : 27/06/2013
Round Rock, Texas
|Share.||Follow.||Join the conversation. |
- American Business Awards names three Dell solutions as Stevie Award finalists
- Three more solutions and a customer success story are winners in Network Products Guide's 8th Annual Hot Companies and Best Products Awards
- Storage Magazine Quality Awards names Dell solution as best midrange backup and recovery software application
- Dell SonicWALL product garners coveted ‘Recommend’ rating from NSS Labs for the second consecutive year, another wins silver in Tech Awards Circle 2013 program
Dell Software was recognized with recent industry announcements of product awards and finalist nominations, including three Stevie Award finalists in the 2013 American Business Awards. The mission of the Stevie Awards is to raise the profile of exemplary organizations and individuals among the press, business community, and the general public. Dell products have been named finalists in the following categories:
- MessageStats Business Insights ─ New Product or Service of the Year – Software –Business or Competitive Intelligence Solution category
- Foglight™ for Windows Azure Applications ─ New Product or Service of the Year – Software – Cloud Application/Service category
- Quest One™ Identity Manager - Data Governance Edition ─ New Product or Service of the Year – Software - Security Solution category
Dell Software also received awards in this year’s “Network Products Guide” 8th Annual Hot Companies and Best Products Awards. The Network Products Guide plays a vital role in keeping decision-makers and end-users informed of the choices they can make in all areas of information technology.
- Dell’s Thomas Cook case study won Gold in the Best Deployments and Case Studies category. The case study highlights how international travel company Thomas Cook was able to solve performance issues 97 percent faster after implementing Dell’s leading application monitoring solution, Foglight™.
- Foglight for Windows Azure Applications won Silver in the Monitoring and Testing category
- Foglight™ NMS was the Bronze award winner in the Network Management category
- Quest One Identity Manager - Data Governance Edition took the Bronze award in the Security Software category.
Finally, Dell SonicWALL has picked up recognition from the following programs:
- Dell SonicWALL™ SuperMassive™ E10800 Next-Generation Firewall, running SonicOS 6.0, earned the highest rating of ‘Recommend’ in the NSS Labs 2013 Next Generation Firewall Security Value Map. NSS Labs provides independent validation for IT administrators who seek the best performing security for their modern corporate network and deployment scenarios, and executes one of the industry’s most comprehensive, real-world tests of Next-Generation Firewalls.
- Dell SonicWall’s SuperMassive 9000 Series is a Silver Award winner in the Tech Awards Circle 2013 Enterprise Hardware category. The Dell SonicWALL SuperMassive 9000 Series redefines the Next-Generation Firewall class, eliminating the age-old protection-for-performance tradeoff and offering breakthrough performance, unique levels of protection and vastly scalable multi-core hardware. Tech Awards Circle honors the 'best of the best' in technology, celebrating the products, vendors and individuals making a difference in the industry today.
Tom Kendra, vice president and general manager, Systems Management, Dell Software
“These are important nominations for the Dell Software Group. They substantiate our role as a leading enterprise software provider that delivers to our customers the power to do more when it comes to optimizing IT within the enterprise. Our solutions, including those recognized by these awards programs, help organizations of all sizes to securely manage and protect their applications, systems, devices and data. We are extremely pleased to have been recognized for the value they drive for the enterprise.”
Delivering Complete and Connected Software Solutions
Dell Software empowers companies of all sizes to experience Dell’s “Power to Do More” by delivering scalable yet simple-to-use solutions that can increase productivity, responsiveness and efficiency. Dell Software is uniquely positioned to address today’s most pressing business and IT challenges with holistic, connected software offerings across five core solution areas, encompassing data center and cloud management, information management, mobile workforce management, security and data protection. This software, when combined with Dell hardware and services, helps customers simplify IT, mitigate risk and accelerate business results.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.