Dell PowerEdge VRTX Gains Momentum and Receives Accolades from Customers Worldwide
- Small and midsize customers take advantage of innovations and enterprise-class capabilities to drive business results
- Dell adds back-up and recovery functionality to PowerEdge VRTX
Dell today announced that in just four months since its release, Dell PowerEdge VRTX – the first converged IT solution designed specifically for remote and small office environments – is gaining momentum and delivering benefits across a broad set of customers around the world in multiple vertical market segments. These customers have benefitted from the space-saving design, functionality, cost and performance of Dell PowerEdge VRTX, which is further evidence that Dell’s Enterprise strategy to deliver converged infrastructure solutions for customer of all size is working.
Dell is also enhancing the PowerEdge VRTX to help customers protect their crucial data. Leveraging its AppAssure data protection software, Dell has added back-up and recovery functionality to PowerEdge VRTX. This enhancement restores data at any level within minutes of an event and performs continual checks and backup updates, giving customers the confidence that their data is protected and enabling their workforce to remain productive.
“When we introduced PowerEdge VRTX to the world a few months ago we knew we had a winner on our hands as it was designed from the ground up to uniquely address the issues of office IT,” said Brian Payne, executive director of server solutions, Dell. “The reception from customers to industry-leading reviewers to channel, ISV and alliance partners have exceeded our expectations, and it’s the fuel behind the customer-inspired innovations we continue to bring to customers.”
Customers and Partners around the World Benefit from PowerEdge VRTX Design and Capabilities
Customers across the globe and with diverse use cases have selected Dell PowerEdge VRTX to reduce complexity, improve IT efficiency and provide the scalability necessary to handle performance spikes and business growth. Dell PowerEdge VRTX is already being adopted by customers in the retail, financial services and healthcare industries, and is now expanding its vertical reach and entering into new markets, such as and manufacturing.
Wallmedien, a specialist in e-procurement solutions for SAP environments, was looking for a cost-effective and easy-to-deploy converged infrastructure that would suit a small team.
- “At Wallmedien we have approximately 90 employees today and the Dell PowerEdge VRTX has proven to be exactly the right choice for a company of our size,” said Tobias Wilke, IT system administrator at Wallmedien AG. “We wanted to expand our IT infrastructure and considered a number of quotes for servers with SAN storage and local hard drives from different vendors. The Dell VRTX PowerEdge turned out to be the most cost-efficient and scalable solution by far. We were able to deploy the solution very easily and without external support.”
Impressed by its compact size and ease of management, T-Systems, a global IT services and consulting company headquartered in Frankfurt, has been offering Dell PowerEdge VRTX as an all-in-one system to its smaller customers.
- “Dell PowerEdge VRTX is a great solution for our small-to-midsized customers who need an affordable infrastructure solution that is easy to set up and manage. VRTX can give them everything they need in one system — four powerful compute nodes and terabytes of storage with networking already in place,” said Paul Stenzel, IT consultant at T-Systems. “For customers looking to introduce a virtualized platform, VRTX is an easy way to migrate over to a ready-made virtualized environment that they can manage from a single pane of glass. For customers who are already virtualized, VRTX enables them to consolidate down to four compute nodes in one enclosure with room to add more virtual servers in the future.”
Caterham F1 Team, a Formula One team based in the United Kingdom, was attracted to the VRTX space-saving design and enterprise-class capabilities to use as their trackside IT infrastructure, greatly simplifying the process of getting IT equipment to the race sites.
- “Dell PowerEdge VRTX will allow us to remove a considerable amount of weight from our airfreight, providing a significant cost saving whilst reducing the size of the data center considerably,” said Joe Birkett, senior IT engineer, Caterham F1 Team. “All of this can be achieved while improving our existing performance capability with next gen CPUs, reducing power consumption and cooling requirements massively, simplifying our cabling requirements, improving reliability and making our operations more efficient. Furthermore, VRTX will also allow us to improve our trackside disaster recovery as we will easily be able to run two units as a failover pair in separate locations at all times.”
AZEO, a consulting practice for the deployment of Microsoft enterprise platforms, has expanded its service offerings for customers looking to deploy Dell PowerEdge VRTX.
- “At AZEO, we recently launched a ‘build-run’ and provisioning service to support our customers in their VRTX experience. The aim is to make the implementation of VRTX as simple and as secure as possible through the expertise of our in-house Microsoft professionals,” said Alain Nicollet, associate director and managing partner at AZEO. “The service offers our customers a short scoping phase, the provisioning and implementation of the dedicated OS and the migration/production preparation to VRTX. AZEO can now provide support to guarantee a high service level to the end user.”
Availability & Additional Information:
- The AppAssure integration with VRTX will be available in EMEA in the first quarter of 2014.
- For more information on how PowerEdge VRTX benefits specific verticals, please see the following infographics: Retail, Healthcare, Education.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell and PowerEdge are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
- Michael Rufer - Pressesprecher
- Dell GmbH
- Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
- +49 177 8860 716