Alberto Hurtado University (UAH) quickly establishes a scalable, high-performance storage environment
Date : 1/05/2014
Processing a student’s registration used to take several days with our old infrastructure, and it now takes just hours with Dell.
Gustavo Aguirre, Director of Information and Communications Technology, Alberto Hurtado University, Chile
ChallengeAlberto Hurtado University’s aging storage environment was failing, and it was no longer possible to complete the critical student registration process in the tight, two-week timeframe available.
SolutionThe university decided to replace its EMC storage devices with fully redundant Dell Compellent SC8000 Storage Center arrays, connected to Dell blade server clusters via Dell Networking switches.
Benefits• High-performance storage, servers and networking infrastructure
• Rapid deployment in just two weeks in time for student registration
• Disaster recovery times of just 15 minutes ensure constant service availability
• Increased storage efficiency and reduced costs
• Seamless scalability to meet growing needs
• Enhanced IT performance for staff and students