Dell Software Group Enables IT to Say “Yes!” to Mobility
|Share.||Follow.||Join the conversation.|
- Dell KACE helps IT address BYOD concerns with a limited release of its K3000 Mobile Management Appliance simplifying mobile device management and enforcing security policies
- Maximizes workforce productivity by enabling employees to work anytime from anywhere by supporting the most popular personal mobile devices
- Dell’s end-to-end solutions portfolio of systems management, PC, server and thin client management now encompasses mobile device management to manage and secure devices used by an increasingly mobile workforce
Today Dell Software announced a limited release of Dell KACE’s K3000 Mobile Management Appliance, helping IT managers solve the challenges posed by the proliferation of mobile devices in the workplace. The K3000 extends system management capabilities to enforce security policies for both corporate and personal mobile devices running on iOS and Android operating systems. Integration with the K1000 Systems Management Appliance provides IT managers with a powerful, integrated, easy to use solution to accurately track, monitor and manage desktops, laptops, servers and mobile devices more efficiently.
As organizations embrace the opportunities that come with mobility they also face new challenges. Whether the devices are corporate owned or are established through a ‘bring your own device’ (BYOD) environment, the number and types of devices that must be managed are growing, increasing IT infrastructure complexity. The K3000 empowers IT to address the challenge of supporting and securing mobile devices through an on-premise mobile management appliance that simplifies management of mobile devices.
"The rapid influx of users bringing their own consumer mobile devices that demand access to corporate resources presents challenges to organizations," stated Philip Redman, research vice president at Gartner in a recent press release. "However, by implementing a structured support system with varied support levels, IT organizations can shield business information and enforce policies about data movement between the device and the corporate network, while enabling users to adopt the device they deem most appropriate. Organizations will find it hard to achieve an efficient mobile-support system if all platforms are not managed the same way under enterprise requirements.”
The Dell KACE K3000 Management Appliance joins Dell’s mobile management portfolio that includes Dell Wyse’s Cloud Client Manager and Dell MDM to provide organizations with the ability to manage the complete breadth of end user devices from a single vendor, including laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones and thin clients as well as a larger onsite managed service offering.
“The definition of systems management is changing,” said Rob Meinhardt, general manager for Dell KACE. “In the past, our customers managed laptops, desktops and servers. Increasingly, they need to say ‘yes’ to devices of all kinds including smartphones and tablets. With the Dell KACE K3000 Mobile Management Appliance, our customers will have a well-integrated and easy to use system for managing and securing all types of devices, operating systems and endpoints in their IT environment.”
Enable IT to Say “Yes!” To Mobility
The Dell KACE K3000 Mobile Management Appliance extends systems management capabilities to enforce security policies for mobile devices running iOS and Android and includes the following features:
- Single-step secure setup gets users up-and-running quickly and includes over the air provisioning of K3000 agents to devices.
- Support for popular personal smartphones and tablet computers including Apple iOS 4.5 and 6 iPhones and iPads, Android 2.2+ C2DM-enabled smartphones and tablets.
- Device security and policy management helps protect your organizations data through features such as profile management, device lock and unlock, remote enterprise wipe and remote factory reset.
- Simplified application management allows pushing corporate applications on to both corporate as well as personal mobile devices.
- View all endpoints from a single console through integration with the Dell KACE K1000 Systems Management Appliance. IT admins can now seamlessly access both appliances through single-sign on and view all mobile devices, PCs and servers from a single console.
Dell KACE will offer general availability of the K3000 Mobile Management Appliance in early 2013. The limited release will be rolled out to KACE customers in January.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Dell provides system-management solutions for customers of all sizes and system complexity. The award-winning Dell KACE family of appliances delivers easy-to-use, comprehensive, and affordable systems management capabilities for organizations of all sizes. For more information, visit http://www.dell.com/KACE or follow the conversation at @DellKACE.
Join us at Dell World 2012 – The Power to Do More. Technology professionals will learn from one another and identify key challenges and opportunities connected to the top forces changing business today. Learn more at www.DellWorld.com or follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
|Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.|