Peace of Mind for End-of-Life Computer Equipment Recovery
Invest in Peace of Mind
Dell can help you recover, resell, recycle or return to lease your excess computer equipment in a secure and environmentally conscious manner that complies with local regulatory guidelines. We help you protect sensitive data by removing tags and labels from equipment, overwriting readable hard drives, and shredding inoperable disks.* Dell has proven performance in recycling excess equipment while helping protect sensitive data. From fiscal year 2004 to fiscal year 2009, Dell recovered 275 million pounds (125 million kilograms) of computer equipment worldwide.*
Solutions to Achieving Data Security and Environmental Responsibility
IT Asset Recycling
For equipment without resale value, Dell recommends our IT Asset Recycling offer. To help ensure environmental and legislative compliance, Dell will handle the logistics of properly disposing your used equipment in a way that meets local regulatory guidelines.
IT Asset Resale
Dell will pick up your systems at your designated location, ship them to our facilities and evaluate your equipment to determine its value. Equipment without residual value will be recycled. For assets that may have value, Dell can help you to resell your equipment. This service offers a choice between the following data security options:
- Resale with off-site data wipe — Dell performs a three-pass data wipe in which data on the seated hard drive is overwritten* by using an automated script or, in the case of nonfunctional hard drives, by destroying the hard drives in a controlled secure environment.
- Resale with on-site data wipe — Dell provides an extra level of security by performing the three-pass data wipe of the seated hard drive at your site before the PC leaves your facilities.
IT Asset Lease Return
Dell can manage the logistics and processing of your equipment for return to your leasing vendor. You can choose from the following three options:
- Transportation only — Dell comes to your site, packs your equipment and ships it back to your leasing company.
- Off-site data wipe — Dell comes to your site, packs your equipment and ships it to our processing centre, where we perform a three-pass data wipe of the seated hard drives. Then, we clean and test your equipment. After fully processing your equipment, Dell ships it back to your leasing company.
- On-site data wipe — In addition to packing and shipping, Dell comes to your site and performs a three-pass data wipe of your system's seated hard drives before the equipment leaves your facilities.
One Size Never Fits All
For customers who require nonstandard service or integrated deployments, Dell can provide flexible services, including custom asset recovery solutions. Contact your Dell sales representative to find out what we can do for you.
For comprehensive information on these services, please visit www.dell.com/servicecontracts to view the service descriptions.