Applies to all direct purchases by internet or phonePLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY! IT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS. THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, DO NOT ORDER/KEEP YOUR PRODUCT.
NOTE: These U.S. Consumer Terms of Sale apply to direct purchases made from Dell by phone or the internet.
These Terms of Sale ("Agreement") apply to your purchase of products and/or services and support ("Product") sold in the United States by Dell World Trade LP (“Dell”). By placing your order for Product, you accept and are bound to the terms of this Agreement. If you have placed an order but do not wish to be subject to these Terms of Sale, you must promptly cancel your order before it enters production and becomes noncancelable (see: www.dell.com/ordersupport ), or return your purchase in accordance with Dell's Return Policy (see: www.dell.com/returnpolicy ) within 21 days of the invoice date for a refund of your purchase price minus shipping, handling and up to a 15% restocking fee.
1. Other Documents. This Agreement may NOT be altered, supplemented or amended by the use of any other document(s) unless otherwise agreed to in a written agreement signed by both you and Dell. If you do not receive an invoice or acknowledgement in the mail, via email, or with your Product, information about your purchase may be obtained by contacting your sales representative.
2. Payment Terms; Orders; Quotes; Interest. Terms of payment are within Dell's sole discretion and unless otherwise agreed to by Dell, payment must be received by Dell prior to Dell's acceptance of an order. Payment for the products will be made by credit card, wire transfer or some other prearranged payment method unless credit terms have been agreed to by Dell. In case Dell agrees to receive payment after its acceptance of an order, invoices are due and payable within the time period noted on your invoice, or if not noted, then within 30 days, measured from the date of the invoice. Dell may invoice parts of an order separately. Your order is subject to cancellation by Dell, in Dell's sole discretion. Unless you and Dell have agreed to a different discount, Dell's standard pricing policy for Dell-branded systems, which include both hardware and services in one discounted price, allocates the discount off list price applicable to the service portion of the system to be equal to the overall calculated percentage discount off list price on the entire system. Dell is not responsible for pricing, typographical or other errors in any offer by Dell and reserves the right to cancel any orders arising from such errors.
3. Shipping Charges; Taxes; Title; Risk of Loss. Shipping, handling and tax are additional unless otherwise expressly indicated at the time of sale. Title to products passes from Dell to Customer upon shipment to Customer. Loss or damage that occurs during shipping by a carrier selected by Dell is Dell's responsibility. Loss or damage that occurs during shipping by a carrier selected by you is your responsibility. You must notify Dell within 21 days of the date of your invoice or acknowledgement if you believe any part of your purchase is missing, wrong or damaged. Unless you provide Dell with a valid and correct tax exemption certificate applicable to your purchase of Product and the Product ship to location, you are responsible for sales and other taxes associated with the order. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only.
4. Warranties. THE LIMITED WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO DELL-BRANDED HARDWARE PRODUCT CAN BE FOUND AT www.dell.com/warranty OR IN THE DOCUMENTATION DELL PROVIDES WITH DELL-BRANDED PRODUCT. DELL MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES FOR DELL-BRANDED PRODUCT, AND MAKES NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER FOR SERVICE, SOFTWARE, MAINTENANCE OR SUPPORT OR FOR NON-DELL BRANDED PRODUCT. SUCH PRODUCT, SOFTWARE, SERVICE, MAINTENANCE OR SUPPORT IS PROVIDED BY DELL "AS IS" AND ANY THIRD-PARTY WARRANTIES, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, SERVICES, MAINTENANCE OR SUPPORT ARE PROVIDED BY THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER OR SUPPLIER, NOT BY DELL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. DELL MAKES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES EXCEPT THOSE STATED IN DELL'S APPLICABLE DELL-BRANDED WARRANTY IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF THE INVOICE, PACKING SLIP OR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. DELL-BRANDED WARRANTIES AND SERVICES ARE EFFECTIVE ON PAYMENT IN FULL, AND DELL IS NOT OBLIGATED TO HONOR ANY WARRANTY OR PROVIDE SERVICE UNTIL DELL RECEIVES PAYMENT IN FULL. DELL MAY REQUEST CANCELLATION OF THIRD-PARTY-BRANDED SOFTWARE LICENSES, SERVICES, MAINTENANCE OR SUPPORT IF DELL DOES NOT RECEIVE PAYMENT. IF YOU PURCHASE THIRD-PARTY-BRANDED PRODUCT, SERVICES, MAINTENANCE OR SUPPORT, ADDITIONAL THIRD-PARTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY APPLY.
5. Software. Software is subject to the separate software license agreement accompanying or made available to you in connection with the software. With respect to software made available to you by Dell in connection with Services, if no license terms accompany the software, then subject to your compliance with the terms set forth in this Agreement, Dell hereby grants you a personal, nonexclusive license to access and use such software only during the term of the Services and solely as necessary for you to enjoy the benefit of the Services as stated in the applicable Service Contract(s). A portion of the software may contain or consist of open source software, which you may use under the terms and conditions of the specific license under which the open-source software is distributed. You agree that you will be bound by any and all such license agreements. Title to software remains with the applicable licensor(s).
6. Return Policies; Exchanges. Dell's return policy can be found at www.dell.com/returnpolicy and you agree to those terms. Note that under the terms of the Return Policy, not all Products may be returned. You must contact us directly before you attempt to return qualifying Product to obtain a Return Material Authorization Number for you to include with your return. You must return qualifying Product to us in its original or equivalent packaging. You are responsible for risk of loss, shipping and handling fees for returning or exchanging Product. Additional fees, including up to a 15% restocking fee, may apply. If you fail to follow the return or exchange instructions and policies provided by Dell, Dell is not responsible for Product that is lost, damaged, modified or otherwise processed for disposal or resale. At Dell's discretion, credit for partial returns may be less than invoice or individual component prices due to bundled or promotional pricing.
7. Changed or Discontinued Product. Dell's policy is one of ongoing update and revision. Dell may revise and discontinue Product at any time without notice to you and this may affect information saved in your online "cart." Dell will ship Product that has the functionality and performance of the Product ordered, but changes between what is shipped and what is described in a specification sheet or catalog are possible.
8. Service and Support. Service offerings may vary. In addition to these Terms of Sale, Dell and/or your third-party service provider may provide such service and support to you in accordance with an applicable service agreement located at www.dell.com/servicecontracts or as otherwise delivered to you. If you have purchased a service offering, please review the applicable service agreement carefully as it contains important rights and limitations. Your purchase of services is pursuant to this Agreement and any applicable service agreement and by purchasing the service offering you are bound by those terms including a requirement that you individually arbitrate any dispute relating in any way to this transaction including any use of any service under any warranty or service offering. Dell has no obligation to provide service or support until Dell has received full payment for the Product or service/support contract you purchased. Dell is not obligated to provide third-party branded service or support, or service or support for any products or services that you purchased through a third party and not Dell. It is your responsibility to back up all existing data, software and programs before receiving services or support (including telephone support). Dell and/or your third-party service provider will have no liability for loss or recovery of data, programs or loss of use of system(s) arising out of the services or support or any act or omission, including negligence, by Dell or your-third-party service provider. Dell and/or your third-party service provider is not permitted by law to copy pirated or copyrighted materials or to copy or handle illegal data. Prior to Dell and/or your third-party service provider providing service or support, you represent that your system(s) does not contain illegal files or data. You also represent that you own the copyright or have a license to make copies to all files on your system and do not have any data that would cause Dell or your third-party service provider to be liable for copyright infringement if such data was copied by Dell and/or your third-party service provider. Parts used in repairing or servicing Product(s) may be new, equivalent-to-new or reconditioned.
9. Telephone Communications. Telephone communications with us, including calls with any of our agents or independent contractors, are routinely monitored and/or recorded. You expressly consent, on behalf of yourself and other users of your phone number, to being monitored or recorded. By providing us with a mobile phone number as your contact number, you expressly authorize us to contact you regarding your account for nontelemarketing communications, via text message or telephone, including the use of prerecorded or auto-dialed calls, using that number.
10. Limitation of Liability. DELL DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR FOR LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA OR SOFTWARE, OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES AND SUPPORT. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, DELL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. YOU AGREE THAT FOR ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCT, DELL IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE AMOUNT INVOICED FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ENFORCE ALL OF THESE LIMITATIONS, AND ONLY THE LIMITATIONS THAT ARE LAWFULLY APPLIED TO YOU IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY.
11. Not For Resale or Export. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the various states and of the United States. You agree and represent that you are buying for your own internal use only, and not for resale or export. Dell has separate terms and conditions governing resale of Product by third parties and transactions outside the United States. Terms and conditions for resale are located at: www.dell.com/resellerterms. Product, which may include technology and software, is subject to U.S. export laws as well as the laws of the country where it is delivered or used. Product may not be sold, leased or transferred to restricted countries, restricted end users or for restricted end uses. You agree that Product purchased from Dell will not be used for activities related to weapons of mass destruction, including activities related to the design, development, production or use of nuclear materials, nuclear facilities or nuclear weapons, or chemical or biological weapons. You further agree that you will not sell, lease or otherwise transfer Product to end users engaged in these activities.
12. Governing Law. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT, ANY SALES THERE UNDER, OR ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND DELL arising from or relating to this Agreement, its interpretation or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from this agreement, Dell's advertising, or any related purchase SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAW.
13. Dispute Resolution and Binding Arbitration. YOU AND DELL ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY, OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT MAY ALSO BE UNAVAILABLE OR MAY BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
ANY CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER PRE-EXISTING, PRESENT OR FUTURE, AND INCLUDING STATUTORY, CONSUMER PROTECTION, COMMON LAW, INTENTIONAL TORT, INJUNCTIVE AND EQUITABLE CLAIMS) BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND DELL, its agents, employees, successors, assigns, direct and indirect subsidiaries, and any third party providing any products or services to you in connection with your purchase (collectively "Dell") arising from or relating in any way to your purchase of Product, this Agreement, its interpretation or the breach, termination or validity thereof, the relationships which result from this Agreement (including relationships with third parties who are not signatories to this Agreement), Dell's advertising or any related purchase SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or the Agreement is void, voidable or otherwise invalid. The arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) or JAMS (or a substitute forum if both are unavailable). Arbitration proceedings shall be governed by this provision and the applicable procedures of the selected arbitration administrator, including any applicable procedures for consumer-related disputes, in effect at the time the claim is filed. Consumer claimants (individuals whose transaction is intended for personal, family or household use) may elect to pursue their claims in small-claims court rather than arbitration. The arbitration or small-claims court proceeding will be limited solely to the customer's individual dispute or controversy.
You agree to an arbitration on an individual basis. In any dispute, NEITHER CUSTOMER NOR DELL SHALL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS BY OR AGAINST OTHER CUSTOMERS, OR ARBITRATE OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS MEMBER OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall be severed and the remaining arbitration terms shall be enforced (but in no case shall there be a class arbitration).
The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity. This transaction shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act 9 U.S.C. sec. 1-16 (FAA). Any award of the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. Dell will be responsible for paying any individual consumer's arbitration/arbitrator fees. If you prevail on any claim that affords the prevailing party attorneys' fees, the arbitrator may award reasonable fees to you under the standards for fee shifting provided by law. Information on AAA or JAMS and their applicable rules are available at the following numbers and URLs: American Arbitration Association, (800) 778-7879, www.adr.org; JAMS, (800) 352-5267, www.jamsadr.com.