Vision. Drive. Stamina. That's where we started.
For nearly three decades, Dell has been on an incredible journey, experiencing positive growth on a global scale. Through it all, it's our people — customers, business partners and team members — who keep us moving through the rapidly evolving world of technology. Learn More Here ›
Key moments in our history.
Our company history is full of interesting developments. And we couldn't help but pick out a few of our favorite milestones to share:
- 1984 — At the age of 19, Michael Dell found PC's Limited with $1,000 and a game-changing vision for the technology industry.
- 1988 — We complete our initial public offering, raising $30 million and increasing market capitalization from $1,000 to $85 million.
- 1992 — Dell debuts on the Fortune 500, making Michael Dell the youngest CEO on the list.
- 1996 — Dell.com launches, generating $1 million in sales per day just six months after site is live.
- 2001 — Dell becomes the No. 1 computer systems provider worldwide.
- 2005 — Dell tops the list of "America's Most Admired Companies" in Fortune magazine.
- 2010 — Dell is ranked the No. 1 healthcare information technology services provider in the world according to Gartner, Inc.
- 2013 — Michael Dell and private equity firm Silver Lake Partners buy back Dell from public shareholders to accelerate our solutions strategy and to focus on the innovations and long-term investments with the most customer value.