- Premium Support powered by Dell SupportAssist is the industry’s only consumer support service combining proactive automated support with 24x7 access to expert technicians, onsite service after remote diagnosis2 and support for both hardware and software issues.
- Dell Premium Support with SupportAssist enables up to 90 percent less time on phone with technical support and up to 69 percent fewer steps in the support process compared with competing support plans.
Dell today announced the launch of Premium Support, a new support service for consumer PCs and tablets that dramatically improves the customer experience through simplified, hassle free support.
Powered by Dell’s innovative SupportAssist technology3, Premium Support gives consumers the benefits of proactive automated support for both hardware and software. First made available for enterprise-critical systems two years ago, Dell is the first and only company to offer this capability for consumer devices. Premium Support customers have access to onsite service after remote diagnosis2 as well as 24x7 anytime, anywhere online, chat, and phone access to expert technicians to keep customers up and running.
"Consumers want fast and easy resolution of their technology issues and that’s exactly what Premium Support delivers," said Doug Schmitt, vice president and general manager of Global Support and Deployment at Dell. "Proactive support completely changes the tech support model because we call customers knowing the problem and how to address it instead of customers calling us to troubleshoot. This level of support is a first in the industry."
Premium Support takes the hassle out of tech support, significantly reducing customer effort and the time it takes to resolve PC and tablet issues with more personalized support. The new service includes:
- 24x7 direct online, chat or phone access to Dell experts
- Onsite service after remote diagnosis for hardware issues that cannot be resolved remotely
- Automatic detection of hardware and software issues with notification by SupportAssist3
- Proactive contact by Dell experts to resolve issues often before customers know they exist
- Support for hardware and software issues
- How-to assistance on popular third-party software and help setting up anti-virus software, wireless networking, data back-up, and more
- Support for operating systems, including help when upgrading to the upcoming Microsoft® Windows® 10
Starting at just $39 per year on Inspiron, Premium Support is currently available in the United States and Canada on Dell Inspiron, XPS, Alienware, Venue and Chromebook products.3 For more information, visit www.dell.com/premiumsupport.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
1Based on May 2015 Principled Technologies Test Report commissioned by Dell comparing tech support troubleshooting for hard drive failure. Actual results will vary. Full report can be found at http://facts.pt/DellPremiumSupport2
2Onsite Service after Remote Diagnosis is determination by online/phone technician of cause of issue; may involve customer access to inside of system and multiple or extended sessions. If issue is covered by Limited Hardware Warranty and not resolved remotely, technician and/or part will be dispatched, usually in 1 or 2 business days following completion of Remote Diagnosis. Onsite Service is provided by Dell Marketing L.P. Availability varies. Other conditions apply. For complete details about Onsite Service, see dell.com/servicecontracts. Onsite service is not available on Chromebook or Venue tablets, except the Venue 11 Pro.
3SupportAssist features are not available on Windows RT, Android or Chrome based products.