Greater Toronto Top Employers Recognizes Dell Canada among Top Employers in the GTA
- Dell Canada recognized for second consecutive year
- Complements 2012 recognition of Dell Canada as Employer of the Year by Polycultural Immigrant & Community Services
Dell Canada was recognized for the second consecutive year among the top 95 employers in the Greater Toronto Area. In its ninth year, Greater Toronto's Top Employers is an annual competition organized by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers. This special designation recognizes the Greater Toronto employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work. This year's winners were announced in a special editorial supplement published by The Globe and Mail on November 2 7, 201 3 .
Employers are evaluated by the editors of Canada's Top 100 Employers using eight criteria : (1) Physical Workplace; (2) Work Atmosphere & Social; (3) Health, Financial & Family Benefits; (4) Vacation & Time Off; (5) Employee Communications; (6) Performance Management; (7) Training & Skills Development; and (8) Community Involvement. Employers are compared to other organizations in their field to determine which offers the most progressive and forward-thinking programs.
Any employer with its head office or principal place of business in the Greater Toronto Area may apply for this competition. The Greater Toronto is defined to include the City of Toronto and the Regional Municipalities of York, Halton, Peel and Durham. Employers of any size may apply, whether private or public sector .
Dell Canada was selected because the organization:
- maintains a flexible health benefits plan that allows employees to customize levels of coverage to suit their personal needs;
- offers maternity leave top-up payments to employees who are new mothers as well as flexible work hours for when they are ready to return;
- provides tuition subsidies for employees who are interested in pursuing additional education, and offers a variety of in-house and online training programs to support their development;
- encourages employees to save for the future with contributions to a matching RSP plan;
- promotes the involvement of its employees in their local community by providing paid time off to volunteer with charitable organizations.
“We understand the critical importance of the benefits our team members value – these, coupled with a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion, are among the strategies that contribute to keeping our team engaged and committed. It’s been a great year. In May the company celebrated its 25th anniversary in Canada and this month we are very proud and delighted to have been recognized among the top employers in the Greater Toronto Area,” said Kevin Peesker, President, Dell Canada Inc.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.ca.
Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com, attend our virtual Dell World: Live Online event or follow #DellWorld on Twitter.