Help Me Choose: Dell Accidental Damage Service
Drops. Spills. Power surges. Accidents happen. Are you prepared?
What is Accidental Damage?
Accidental Damage Service can help ensure that your system is back in working order as quickly as possible.
Accidental Damage Service provides:
- Shipment of customer replaceable parts
- Shipment of the damaged product to a Dell repair facility
- Replacement of a product if it has been accidentally damaged beyond repair
Accidental Damage Service is available in 1- to 3-year terms, coinciding with the term of the product’s underlying Limited Hardware Warranty,* allowing you to customize your coverage based on the needs of your businesses usage environments.
Key features include:
- International coverage* — Tech support is available if you experience an accidental damage situation while traveling outside your country of origin.
- Improved cost control — Minimize the out-of-pocket expenses to repair unanticipated damage.
- Increased scope of coverage — Accidental Damage Service is a separate service agreement that compliments your Limited Hardware Warranty, covering damage due to accidental drops, spills, power surges and breakages.
- Liquid spilled on or in unit
- Drops, falls and other collisions
- Electrical surge
- Damaged or broken LCD due to a drop or fall
Damage caused by intentional acts, fire, theft or loss, are not covered under Dell Accidental Damage Service.* Examples of damage where the hardware unit would not be repaired or replaced are:
- Damage due to fire
- Intentional damage (such as hammer marks)
- Normal wear
- Cosmetic damage
- Consumable parts (such as bulbs, toner)
- Theft or loss