When did you join Dell and what roles have you held in your time here?
- January 2007 – January 2009: Executive Director – Solutions, Australia and New Zealand
- February 2009 – October 2009: Executive Director – Solutions, Asia Pacific and Japan (Public Sector)
- October 2009 – September 2010: Maternity Leave
- October 2010 – March 2011: Executive Director – Solutions, Asia Pacific and Japan (Public Sector)
- April 2011 – November 2012: Executive Director - Solutions, Asia Pacific and Japan (Public Sector and Large Enterprise Accounts)
- November 2012 - Present: Vice President - Infrastructure & Cloud Computing (I&CC), Asia Pacific Japan
What responsibilities are included in your current role?
Responsible for driving the growth of Dell’s Infrastructure and Cloud Computing across the Asia Pacific and Japan region as well as serving as the Services General Manager and enabling all Services Lines of Business to maximize Dell's contribution to its customers.
How would you describe the Dell culture?
Inclusive, respective and innovative. As we continue to evolve and change with the market, fresh perspectives are welcome and above all else Dell cares about its people.
What do you think people interested in working here would need to know?
We work in an industry that is constantly changing and with that comes a need for you to be resilient to that change. You need to be adaptable to the needs of the market and our business and at times be capable of working with ambiguity.
What keeps you here at Dell?
I am passionate about the impact that myself and my team can have on the results of our business…..Enterprise Solutions are at the core of our transformation as a company. However, those results are only possible through the efforts and achievements of our people and I find the team at Dell inspiring, passionate, competitive yet humble.
What are some projects that you have recently been involved with and some of your career highlights at Dell?
As a member of the Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) Public and Large Enterprise (PLE) Leadership team, I play a key role in driving the overall Solutions Transformation of our business which has included supporting the effective deployment of our domain resources, the ongoing development of our sales force and the establishment of end-to-end services capability.
Career highlights include:
- The growth of the Solutions business (both Enterprise and Services business across APJ PLE).
- Being a foundation member of the APJ Diversity Council and launching the Australia and New Zealand Diversity Council.
- The business and professional achievements/success of those I manage and mentor.
What have been the positive affects you have seen as a result of Dell’s strategy transition?
Our Solutions Transformation is critical to Dell’s ongoing success and our overall relevance to the market. Our commitment to this transformation is demonstrated by the acquisitions that we continue to make (eg. Compellent, KACE, EQL, Force10 etc.), the investments we are making in the recruitment of specialist resources as well as the ongoing transformation of our sales force with the Global rollout of initiatives such as “Creating Customer Value” (CCV). This is having a direct impact on the level of engagement we are having with our customers and the breadth of the Dell portfolio that they buying to solve their needs as a business.
What role have you played in helping your customers grow and thrive?
The solutions that my team develop and sell across the region are instrumental in supporting the achievement of their customers goals. My primary role is to support the team in these pursuits either directly through my own engagement with customers in the field or through the assistance that I provide in driving initiative/programs that make their job easier.
How does Dell differentiate itself when it comes to being an employer of choice?
The commitment that we demonstrate to our People Strategy. In particular, our focus on developing people to be the best they possibly can in an environment that is both diverse and inclusive as well as our willingness to give everyone a voice that influences leadership and shapes the direction of our company.