The Dell and VMware partnership has resulted in innovation that has transformed IT for the better part of two decades. We deliver solutions that solve customer challenges through tightly aligned strategies, joint engineering and exceptional customer experience. Together, our solutions deliver better outcomes for our customers. As a testament to our joint strategy Dell was awarded the 2015 strategic partner of the year award for the second consecutive year.
As demands on IT increase, VMware and Dell are working together to make designing, buying, building, and maintaining your data center simpler than ever, with a scalable, end-to-end approach that delivers rapid time-to-value, superior ease of use and unrivaled flexibility to adapt. Dell can strike a balance between initial costs and ongoing costs due to a standards-based approach, open architectures and modular systems that enable enterprises to flexibly scale.
|Dell EMC NFV Ready Bundle for VMware|
The Dell EMC NFV Ready Bundle for VMware is a turnkey solution optimized to simplify and accelerate production deployments. With this solution, Dell EMC has built a fully integrated and validated solution that enables service providers to immediately launch their own services on top of this NFV platform, minimizing, if not eliminating, the need to apply engineering resources to develop their own infrastructure.
With the rise of data center virtualization, cloud, and big data – the network is experiencing unprecedented demands for security, agility, and flexibility. Traditional methods of networking are not designed for the requirements new applications are making on the data center. Today, software defined networking through VMware NSX and Dell Open Networking, disaggregating the networking hardware from the software, are able to provide the optimal solution for organizations to modernize their network. This is achieved through the new paradigm of network virtualization through VMware NSX coupled with the innovation and flexibility of Dell Open Networking. Organizations now are enabled to make major advances in data center security, visibility, automation, economics, and ease of management. Dell offers services to design, build, and support this new paradigm in networking utilizing VMware NSX.
Understanding network virtualization
- Open Networking and Virtualization for the Software-Defined Data Center
- Network Virtualization with Dell Infrastructure and VMware NSX
- Network Virtualization with Dell and VMware NSX Video Demo
Deploying and managing the virtualized network
- Dell Network Virtualization Handbook for VMware NSX Enterprise 6.2.3
- Dell Networking Multitenancy Across Physical and Logical Environments with VRF lite and VMware NSX
- Dell S6000 Data Center Switch Gateway for VMware NSX Solution Brief
- Planning for operational transformation with NSX
- Open Networking: Dell's Point of View on SDN | Dell
- SDN Based Open Networking Building Momentum Among IT Decision Makers Tech Target Research Brief
- Open Networking Takes Hold
- Dell Networking Open Networking Partner OS Guide
- Unlocking the Open Networking Ecosystem with Dell VMware Cumulus Solutions Brief
- Open Networks: Turning the vision into reality
- Video: Dell and Open Networking
- Video: Open Networking and the Software Defined Data Center
Software Defined Storage
VMware Virtual SAN is radically simple, hypervisor-converged storage designed and optimized for vSphere virtual infrastructure. Dell and VMware deliver a complete range of solutions for Virtual SAN including compatible hardware, VirtualSAN Ready Nodes can be pre-installed for rapid deployment, and feature one source for support providing a simplified ownership experience.
- PT Whitepaper: Increasing Virtual SAN performance with Dell FX2
- Infographic: Boost Performance, Save Space – PowerEdge FX2
- PT whitepaper: Free up rack space with Hyperconverged VSAN
- Infographic: Free up rack space with Hyperconverged VSAN
- Dell Virtual rack - VSAN
- Dell Virtual SAN Ready Nodes
- VMware Virtual SAN (VSAN) Ready Nodes Guide
- VMware Virtual SAN Compatibility Guide
- Dell solutions for Virtual SAN web page
Virtual SAN appliances
Traditional SAN - Virtualization-aware storage
Dell storage solutions deliver simple, affordable and expandable storage. This line of sophisticated storage for virtual infrastructures delivers improved performance, scalability and SLA adherence via VAAI, VASA, VMware-aware tools, and vVols integrations. Dell storage integrations with VMware vRealize with Operations Management deliver simple, streamlined solutions. Dell storage also works seamlessly with VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) to provide affordable enterprise disaster protection and recovery by simplifying and automating workflows. Advanced storage virtualization and auto replication help to reduce storage capacity and administration requirements while delivering optimized failover across wide area networks.
SC Series SAN
- Compellent technical content wiki
- Dell Storage Center Best Practices with VMware vSphere 6.x
- Dell SC Series Best Practices with VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Dell Compellent SRM 5.8 Demo video
- Dell Compellent Storage Center vSphere Client Plug-in 1.5 Video Demo video
PS Series SAN
- EqualLogic VMware integration wiki
- EqualLogic VMware API-level integration wiki
- Dell Virtual Storage Manager: Installation Considerations and Local Data Protection
- Better Together: Optimizing VMware vSphere 6.0 Deployments with Dell EqualLogic PS Series Integration Tools
- VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes on Dell PS Series
True end-to-end client virtualization solutions
Dell is uniquely positioned to provide complete desktop and application virtualization from concept to deployment and management, infrastructure to endpoints. IT resources no longer have to spend most of their time reacting to crisis and are able to proactively work towards streamlining workflows. By maintaining all data within the datacenter and installing the most secure endpoints, critical data is secure. The VMware focused Wyse endpoints bring further simplification and manageability. These solutions are purpose built to increase and improve client virtualization adoption.
- Dell and VMware – Enabling the virtual workspace
- Dell Cloud Client-Computing Interactive Overview
- Dell Managed Virtual Workspace Services
- Cloud Client-Computing Enterprise Engineering Documentation
- Dell Wyse 5030 and 7030 Zero Clients for VMware
- Wyse 5020 Thin Client Data Sheet
- Wyse 7020 Thin Client Data Sheet
- Wyse 5050 All-in-One PCoIP Zero Client for VMware Data Sheet
- Dell Blueprint for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Virtual workspace end-to-end reference architecture (RA) tested and validated that include best practices, scalability, densities and optimal configurations for client virtualization. Configurations include the Dell PowerEdge R730, R730XD and R630 platforms, Dell Networking and standard, hybrid and all flash storage configurations. Enhanced virtualized graphics are available to improve successful adoption of desktop and application virtualization. Users are now able to access data anywhere, anytime and on any device securely.
- Dell, VMware and Intel Client Virtualization Solutions Made Simple
- VMware Horizon solutions from Dell and VMware video
- Dell and VMware Client Virtualization Simplified video
Virtual SAN with Horizon
100% VMware powered Software Defined Solutions for client virtualization from Dell
Dell Solutions for VMware Virtual SAN™ with Horizon® solutions deliver simplified software-defined-storage (SDS) solutions for virtual desktops and applications. These Virtual SAN with Horizon end-to-end 100% VMware stack solutions built on Dell PowerEdge servers and are delivered through Reference Architectures for the “Do It Yourself” customers, Virtual SAN Ready Nodes and Virtual SAN Ready Nodes Factory Installed, all with Horizon or Horizon Air Hybrid-Mode. For Horizon solutions, enhanced virtualized graphics are available.
- Dell Solutions for VMware Virtual SAN Ready Nodes with Horizon reference architecture
- The Need for Simplicity — Why an HCIA Reduces Complexity
- Client Virtualization - no longer a guessing game
- VMware Virtual SAN with Horizon from Dell and VMware video
Specialized client virtualization solutions
Desktop and application virtualization is no longer only focused on mainstream customers. Specialized customers requiring workstation, ISV certified, high performance graphics are now available virtualized. The Wyse Datacenter for Virtual Workstations and Precision Appliance for Wyse are two such solutions focused on designers, architects, oil and gas industries, healthcare and other like industries. These solutions enable staff to be more mobile and flexible without being tied to a desk, while allowing IT resources to maintain control over critical data.
- Dell Precision Appliance for Wyse White Paper
- Burns Engineering, Inc., creates virtual desktops for its workstation environment
VMware EUC solutions
Dell solutions fully support a wide range of VMware End User Computing technologies including AirWatch, Horizon Air and Workspace One. Together, these solutions create virtual workspace environments with technologies to meet customer needs and requirements.
Client virtualization vertical solutions
Not only do these joint solutions support general enterprise client virtualization, but there are also solutions to address specific vertical industries. Financial, retail, healthcare, education and government industries all have specific security and compliancy requirements to protect themselves and their customers. Dell and VMware joint solutions can meet those needs.
- Financial Industry Client Virtualization Solutions from Dell and VMware
- Enabling Students to Learn with Dell and VMware Solutions
- Secure Client Virtualization for Government from Dell and VMware
- Retail Client Virtualization Solutions from Dell and VMware
- Client Virtualization solutions for healthcare from Dell and VMware
- Austin Community College (ACC) builds the nation's largest learning lab
- Austin Community College - Video