Dell and Google to Help Developers and Businesses thrive in a Cloud-Based, Mobile-Driven World
- The collaboration builds on core strengths, making innovative cloud solutions easily accessible for companies of all types and sizes
- Dell and Google’s cloud expertise will help organizations capitalize on the immense business value of cloud computing
Dell today announced its intention to offer the Google Cloud Platform and its compute, storage and application services to developers and businesses worldwide through the Dell Cloud Partner Program next year. Dell and Google will push cloud innovations into the market, making highly-scalable cloud solutions easier for customers of all sizes, across all industries to obtain and consume.
“Putting the power of cloud in our customers’ hands – and giving them the choice and flexibility to pursue the right cloud for their unique needs – will not only help individual businesses thrive, but collectively it will drive the whole technology industry forward to a new era of innovation,” said Nnamdi Orakwue, vice president, Dell Software Strategy, Operations and Cloud.
“Combining over 15 years of technical innovation and datacenter expertise at Google with Dell’s business and integration solutions will enable new ways for customers to take advantage of the benefits of cloud,” said Shailesh Rao, Head of Google Cloud Platform, Google.
Google Cloud Platform gives developers the flexibility to architect applications with both managed and unmanaged services that run on Google’s infrastructure. With access to Google Compute Engine (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), App Engine (Platform-as-a-Service), storage and APIs, developers and business can easily deploy applications into a highly-scalable public cloud environment for their specific needs.
The Dell Cloud Partner Program combines Dell’s end-to-end open, scalable infrastructure, software and services with the added benefit of having Dell serve as the single-source supplier. Businesses can expect centralized solution integration, control and support from Dell as well as the following Dell services and solutions:
- Expert guidance in helping assess, build and operate cloud environments with Dell Cloud Consulting and Application Services, whether customers are just starting in cloud, already have significant cloud investments, or are somewhere in between;
- The ability to manage single or multiple public, private and hybrid clouds through one pane of glass with Dell Cloud Manager, formerly Enstratius; and
- Direct support from a Dell salesperson to advise customers through the best purchasing, deployment and maintenance options to meet their unique needs, accounting for budget, workloads, current infrastructure, use cases, etc.
The Dell Cloud Partner Program gives customers more choice and flexibility to select the public cloud partner, platform and model appropriate for their business needs. The Program complements Dell’s cloud focus areas of enabling private cloud, delivering multi-cloud management and supplying cloud builders.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com, attend our virtual Dell World: Live Online event or follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.