Simplify and automate IT service delivery
Respond rapidly to changing business needs with Active System Manager (ASM). Unify and simplify IT service delivery with this comprehensive infrastructure and workload automation solution.
Many of today’s IT organizations are trying to manage cumbersome provisioning tasks with technologies from a wide variety of vendors. Typically, each vendor provides a console that’s intended to simplify management. This makes it difficult for administrators to efficiently manage IT resources and to deliver high quality IT services to their business.
Active System Manager 7.5 provides a unified console and highly intuitive user interface that enables you to automate the deployment and management of IT services. This speeds up workload delivery, streamlines infrastructure management and enables you to improve your service levels.
What can you do with Active System Manager?
- Accelerate IT service delivery by automating and centralizing key functions, such as workload and infrastructure deployment.
- Free up IT staff to focus on strategically aligned projects by dramatically reducing manual tasks and touch points.
- Use your infrastructure more fully and efficiently by pooling server, storage and network resources and scheduling them for future demands.
- Standardize workload delivery to increase deployment accuracy and to scale your workloads based on business demand.
- Maximize investments in both Dell and Non-Dell IT resources with support for heterogeneous IT environments.
How is Active System Manager different?
Active System Manager provides a unique set of capabilities designed with IT administrators in mind. They include:
- Template-based provisioning and orchestration. Simplify IT service delivery with a centralized approach to workload-specific configuration. You can use step-by-step guidelines to execute tasks during every phase of the workload lifecycle.
- Infrastructure lifecycle management. Discover, inventory and configure assets — fast — to streamline physical/virtual infrastructure and workload management during every phase of the infrastructure lifecycle.
- Deep virtualization integration. Manage cluster-level and virtual machine (VM) lifecycles for VMware vSphere platforms.
- Resource pooling & dynamic allocation. Optimize capital expenditures by creating and managing physical and virtual IT resource pools.
- Dramatically simplified management. Use a powerful, intuitive user interface to set up, deploy and manage your IT environment. You can also integrate 3rd party tools.
- Open and extensible architecture. Easily integrate existing and future IT resources – both Dell and Non-Dell.
Active System Manager makes it easier to automate IT service delivery and to manage your IT environment end-to-end. Learn more about Active System Manager in our product spec sheet, or contact a Dell expert.