| Feature Highlights |
- Supports up to 16 fully redundant servers in a SAN
- Connects directly up to four servers through 1 Gb iSCSI connectivity
- Utilises the best drive choice for virtual application needs by configuring in the same enclosure both SAS and energy-efficient SATA drives
- Utilises twin active/active RAID controllers with mirrored cache for high availability
- Manages one or more storage arrays from the Modular Disk Storage Manager
- Scales up to 45 drives and 45 TB capacity
Supporting up to 16 attached servers and enabling a full range of virtualisation functionality, the Dell™ PowerVault™ MD3000i is well suited to virtualisation projects in remote environments or growing data centres. From basic server consolidation to zero-downtime maintenance, high availability or even workload automation, the MD3000i Internet SCSI (iSCSI) storage area network (SAN) delivers easy-to-use shared storage and the familiarity of Ethernet protocols. These features can help reduce management costs and scale storage without adding the complexity of Fibre Channel.
The PowerVault MD3000i networked storage array leverages the modularity and availability of the PowerVault series to deliver an IP network storage solution for smaller virtualisation deployments on up to 16 servers. By extending the connectivity of the MD3000 controller architecture, Dell brings to market a low-cost, easy-to-use, expandable and highly available iSCSI SAN storage array. It is ideal for environments with modest performance requirements. Core features include scaling up to 45 serial attached SCSI (SAS) and serial ATA (SATA) drives. The entire array subsystem is managed from a single software application known as the Modular Disk Storage Manager. The Modular Disk Storage Manager is a client-based Java™ application that can run on any server connected to the array or on a remote client on the network, which streamlines the management and maintenance of storage as it scales.