RecyclabilityInformation for recycling is available here.
For recyclability, Dell systems incorporate the following design guidelines:
- EU WEEE mark is applied to products sold in Europe. EU recycling information can be found at www.euro.dell.com/recycling
- WEEE Product End-of-Life Instructions are available here
- Plastic parts heavier than 25g have material codes according to ISO 11469:2000
- Minimal use of composite structure materials
- Minimal use of non-separable connections, such as gluing and welding between different materials
- Painting/coating of Desktop chassis plastics has been avoided
- Painting/coating of plastics <100 grams is compatible with recycling or reuse
- Mechanical plastic parts greater than 100 grams consist of one material or of easily separable materials
- Dell publishes product carbon footprint of mainstream products and are available here
- See the EU WEEE Declaration for information.
- Batteries used in Dell products are in compliance with EU Battery Directive 2006/66/EC.
- Batteries in Dell products are not based on mercury, lead or cadmium technologies.
- Information about take-back and the recycling of batteries can be found in the Recyclability section below.
- The product documentation includes instructional information on the proper removal and disposal of the batteries used in Dell products.
- Dell MSDS sheets are available here
- The EU Battery Directive – Information for Users, may be viewed at the EU Battery Directive Declaration.