The M1000e Modular Blade Enclosure: The House That Dell Built for You
The Dell PowerEdge M1000e modular blade enclosure advances enterprise server architecture. Built from the ground up to combat data centre sprawl and IT complexity, the PowerEdge M1000e gives you improved energy efficiency, flexibility and manageability where you need it most.
Flexible and scalable, the PowerEdge M1000e is designed to support future generations of blade technologies regardless of processor or chipset architecture. The M1000e has these advantages:
- The M1000e blade enclosure helps reduce the cost and complexity of managing computing resources with some of the most innovative, most effective and easiest-to-use management features in the industry.
- The M1000e is a leader in power efficiency, built on innovative Dell Energy Smart technology.
- The M1000e is the only solution that supports mixing full- and half-height blades in adjacent slots within the same chassis without limitations or caveats.
- Redundant Chassis Management Controllers (CMCs) provide a powerful systems management tool, giving comprehensive access to component status, inventory, alerts and management.
- Dell FlexIO modular switch technology lets you easily scale to provide additional uplink and stacking functionality — giving you the flexibility and scalability for today's rapidly evolving networking landscape without replacing your current environment.
- Persistent Media Access Control (MAC)/World Wide Name (WWN)/Internet SCSI (iSCSI) addressing in a switch-agnostic environment means blade servers can be swapped in seconds.
- The M1000e's passive midplane design keeps critical active components on individual blades or as hot-swappable shared components within the chassis, improving reliability and serviceability.