If you are an end-user customer who bought new Dell-branded products directly from Dell New Zealand Limited you may return them to the relevant Dell warehouse within 15 days of the date of invoice for replacement or a refund or credit of the product purchase price. The refund or credit will not include any shipping and handling charges forming part of the purchase price. If you are an organization that bought the products under a written agreement with Dell, the agreement may contain different terms for the return of products than specified by this policy.To return products, you must call Dell to receive a Credit Return Authorization Number. Arrangements for the return will be made with you at this time. To expedite the processing of your refund or credit, Dell expects the return of the products to Dell in their original packaging within five days of the date that Dell issues the Credit Return Authorization Number. You must also prepay shipping charges and insure the shipment or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment. Returned products must be received by Dell in as-new or as-shipped-by-Dell condition, including conformance to the specifications set out in your invoice, and all of the manuals, diskette(s), CD(s), power cables, and other items included with a product must be returned with it. For customers who want to return, for refund or credit only, either applications software or an operating system that has been installed by Dell, the whole system must be returned, along with any media and documentation that may have been included in the original shipment.
Exceptions to Dell's 15-Day Return Period:
• Software may not be returned at any time, unless the software being returned is:
- Application software or operating systems installed by Dell on a returnable system which is being returned within the applicable return period; or
- Media-based software that is unopened and still in its sealed package or, if delivered electr:onically, software that you have not accepted by clicking "I agree to these Terms and Conditions."
• Dell EqualLogic™ and EqualLogic-branded products, Dell|EMC, EMC and VCE-branded products, Dell Compellent™ and Compellent-branded products, Dell KACE™ and KACE-branded products, Dell Force10™ and Force10-branded products, PowerVault ML6000 tape libraries, PowerVault DL and DR products, Dell SonicWALL™ and SonicWALL-branded products, Dell Wyse™ and Wyse-branded products, Dell Quest™, Quest™, ScriptLogic™ and VKernel™ branded products, Dell Software branded products, Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery and Dell Data Protection | Rapid Recovery branded products, Dell StatSoft and StatSoft-branded products, non-Dell-branded enterprise products, enterprise software, and customized products may not be returned at any time.
• Licenses purchased under any type of volume license agreement may be returned only with the express approval of the publisher, which in many circumstances will not be granted.
Restocking Fees: Unless the product is defective or the return is a direct result of a Dell error, Dell may charge a restocking fee of up to 15% of the purchase price paid, plus any applicable sales tax.
If you are an organisation that bought the products under a written agreement with Dell, the agreement may contain different terms for the return of products than specified by this policy.
Revised 20 July 2017