Dell™ Fresh Air: High temperatures. Low costs.
Dell Fresh Air-capable hardware can help address these challenges. It offers companies the option of cooling their data centers with outdoor air, reducing operational costs as well as the impact on the environment.
Dell Fresh Air-capable hardware:
- Is validated to perform continuously at temperatures of up to 35°C (95°F) and for time-based excursions at up to 45°C (113°F) with humidity of up to 90 percent (29°C maximum dew point)
- Can give your data center higher temperature capability even if you are not running your data center at 35°C
- Can extend your ride-through time helping protect mission-critical data if your cooling system fails
- Opens a wide range of data center cooling options with its temperature and humidity capabilities, including both air-side and water-side economization as well as a completely chiller-less data center
- Expands the geographic locales where fresh-air data-centers can be deployed to almost anywhere in the world — some could even run as chiller-less data centers, which could significantly reduce capital costs
Contact a Dell expert today to learn more about Dell Fresh Air capabilities.
Fresh Air Resources
Leverage fresh air cooling with Dell next-generation servers — a broad portfolio of richly featured 1U, 2U, 4U, tower and blade servers — to reduce cooling costs in hyperscale data centers.
Reduce operational, capital and environmental costs related to cooling by using economizers and chiller-less facility designs. To consider going chiller-less, you must ensure that IT equipment can withstand high temperatures. Learn how Dell can help.
Learn the ideal operating temperature for running your data center servers and other strategies to help you reduce energy consumption and costs without compromising performance.
Learn what variables affect how fast and how much your data center can heat up during a cooling failure.