Help Me Choose: Operating System
The operating system (OS) is the most important software on your PC because it:
• runs programs
• recognizes input from the keyboard
• sends output to the monitor
• organizes files and directories on the hard disk
• controls devices like webcams and printers
• manages how your computer accesses available networks
All-new browser that makes the web work the way you do.
|Multiple Desktops and Snap*|
Create multiple desktops and snap up to four apps on one screen.
Enjoy free online storage for your photos and files.
|Join a Domain or Azure Active Directory|
Easily connect to your business or school network.
Help protect your data with enhanced encryption and security management.
Sign in and use your Pro PC while at home or on the road.
Create and run virtual machines.
|Business Store and Private Catalog|
Access your company’s apps through your own section in the Windows Store.
|Choose Windows 10 if you want to:||…Features|
|Do things confidently. |
• It all begins at start. The Start menu is back and better than ever so you can expand and customize it• Fast and responsive. Technologies like InstantGo let you boot up and resume quickly
|Do things naturally.|
• Your own digital assistant. Cortana is the personal assistant who learns over time to become more useful to you
• Touch, type, pen. Choose what works best for what you’re doing• Start and Live Tiles. Reach your favorite things fast with customizable Start screen and Live Tiles
|Do things simply.|
• More ways to play. Stream and play your Xbox One games to any Windows 10 PC in your home
• Great built-in apps. Windows 10 comes with apps – Photos, Maps, Music Video and more – that work across your devices• Free cloud storage. 15GB of free OneDrive storage: easy, anywhere access to your files and photos
|Do things easily.|
• A web you can write on. Write directly on web pages and easily share the mark-ups with friends• Get organized. Snap up to four apps on the screen and create new desktops for more space
• To enable downgrade to Windows 7 on this system the BIOS settings on this system were changed to boot into legacy BIOS mode. If the BIOS setting is not changed to native UEFI mode boot prior to installing, Windows 10 Pro Product will install; however, the following Windows 10 Pro Product functionalities will not work as they rely on a native UEFI mode boot: Secure Boot, Seamless Boot experience, Network unlock for Bitlocker for systems with a Trusted Platform Module (TPM), eDrive support
Why Choose Ubuntu?
- Open-source software
- Freedom to customize your operating system
- One of the most popular alternative operating systems in the market
- Free from licensing fees
Features & Design
- Low total cost of ownership over the life of your computer
- Thousands of free applications available through the Ubuntu Software Center
- LibreOffice (office productivity suite) is included
- Compatible with Microsoft Office Suite
- Safe and secure: Trusted application software repository, data encryption and built-in protection from malware and viruses
- 5 years of free security and maintenance updates with Ubuntu LTS (Long Term Release)