University of Glasgow
Date : 01/11/2012
We’ve reduced the cost of processing desktop orders by £16 per request with Dell PremierConnect because there are fewer manual tasks to complete.
David Clark, Acting Admin Manager of IT Services, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
ChallengeThe University of Glasgow needed greater control over its managed desktop environment to reduce support costs. At the same time, it wanted to deliver choice and flexibility to users.
SolutionThe university’s IT teams worked with Dell PremierConnect experts to create a customised e-procurement solution linking users from their desktop browser applications to the university’s dedicated Dell PremierConnect portal.
Benefits• University saves equivalent of two full-time staff through reduced support needs
• Many support calls are reduced from half a day to a few minutes
• Price and performance requirements are met with customised solution
• University gains excellent ROI with integrated e-procurement system
• IT team delivers choice and flexibility without compromising quality
• Staff manage costs independently and effectively