Date : 01/01/2014
Our IT was showing its age, so we upgraded with Dell’s solutions because they all work well together, they’re the latest technology, their prices are great and support is superb.
Rich Sparkman, IT Director, Shelby American, United States
ChallengeWhile marking its 50th anniversary of building world-famous, high-performance cars, Shelby American saw its IT infrastructure lacking the horsepower to drive its future.
SolutionThe company completely refreshed its IT — from end-user PCs to servers, storage and networking — while adopting server virtualization to cut its footprint in half and its power consumption by 75 percent.
Benefits• Improved customer responsiveness with CRM
• Reduced server space by half
• Cut power consumption by 75 percent
• Brought graphic production in-house, creating a new profit center
• Increased storage capacity by nearly 400 percent
• Reduced design cycles from months to weeks