The Dell/Cambridge HPC Solution Centre
In a unique collaboration, Dell has joined forces with the University of Cambridge to develop and disseminate real-world high-performance computing (HPC) solutions and expertise. The Dell/Cambridge HPC Solution Centre aims to provide answers to unresolved challenges facing the HPC community and give the solutions back to the community.
- A Big Data analytics and visualisation platform for the Omics revolution
- ANSYS® Application Benchmarking on Dell PowerEdge VRTX
- A Technical Look at Ethernet vs. Infiniband interconnects in HPC Clusters
- OpenCB a next generation big data analytics and visualisation platform for the Omics revolution
- Commoditisation of the High-End Research Storage Market with the Dell MD3460 & Intel Enterprise Edition Lustre
High Performance, Open Source, Lustre 2.1.x Filesystem on the Dell PowerVault MD32xx Storage, PowerEdge Server Platform and Mellanox InfiniBand Interconnect
- High-performance, open source, Dell Lustre storage system
- An overview of Remote 3D visualisation VDI technologies
- GPU clusters in a production environment
- Optimising performance (MPI) on Mellanox® QDR and Intel® Westmere platforms:
The centre provides you, the academic and private sector research community with practical resources including:
- Opportunities to engage with solution centre engineers for guidance, help and advice in resolving your HPC challenges.
- Testing your solution in the centre's large-scale HPC environment.
- Access to presentations, updates and detailed technical white papers.
- The opportunity to raise unresolved HPC challenges that could be addressed by the centre.
By bringing together Dell technology leadership and the HPC operational excellence of Cambridge at the HPC Service Building at the University of Cambridge, we can help with learning from recent and current HPC focus areas, including:
- HPC operations excellence and best practice
- Application performance and benchmarking
- HPC storage expertise
- Graphics processing unit (GPU) computing
- HPC visualisation
- Scientific user support
- Press release
- Brochure — The Dell/Cambridge HPC Solution Centre
- White Paper — A Big Data analytics and visualisation platform for the Omics revolution
- Video — Paul Calleja on the Dell/Cambridge HPC Solution Centre
Dr. Paul Calleja, Head of HPC services, University of Cambridge, provides an overview of the objectives of the solution centre.