|Get OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter|
Version 2.0 delivers several new features and a new name, the OpenManage integration for VMware vCenter. With version 2.0, support for VMware’s vSphere Web Client and vSphere 5.5 has been added to enable administrators to work anywhere using any flash enabled web browser. The vSphere Web client support brings an entire new interface with integrations making Dell PowerEdge server management as simple as ever. In addition, unique cluster level hardware views and support for up to 10 vCenter servers enable easy scaling. Finally, 2.0 supports updating multiple Dell hosts in a single workflow. Working with VMware’s DRS TM and vMotion TM, a 6 step wizard can automatically update all servers in a cluster without losing workload productivity.
Get rich, unified and comprehensive management features for your virtualized infrastructure — both physical and virtual — with the OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter and the advanced management features of Dell PowerEdge servers.
A better way to integrate the physical and the virtual
What if you could manage your physical infrastructure from your virtual console?
Increase the efficiency of your IT staff by using a common tool to manage your Dell hardware and your virtual infrastructure.
- Instead of switching from console to console, you can complete your task within your most-used virtualization console — VMware vCenter.
Eliminate complexity, and trial and error from the installation or expansion of your virtualized environment.
- Create and use hardware and hypervisor templates to ensure consistency.
- Maintain corporate-approved standards.
- Remove guesswork, whether you're deploying a few servers or hundreds.
Accelerate the time to value for your VMware virtualization infrastructure.
- Copy current server configurations to create templates that enable you to quickly reset hardware settings.
- Save configuration settings for ESX™ or ESXi™ with support up through VMware vSphere version 5.5.
- Create deployment profiles from any combination of the two to deploy servers in a few clicks from within vCenter.
Keep your virtualized infrastructure current with minimal risk.
- Update BIOS and firmware from either a local share or from a Dell repository.
- Stage updates to coincide with the next reboot or other events.
- Take advantage of a wizard-driven update utility within vCenter.
With the OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter installed in your VMware environment, you can:
No one supports VMware-virtualized environments like Dell does.
In addition, to give you even more power, we deliver our plug-in as a virtual appliance and make it easy for you to update it online without replacing it entirely. That makes our plug-in easier to deploy, configure and manage. This approach offers integration directly into the vCenter console. As a result, you can access more information inside of vCenter itself — unlike many other link-and-launch capabilities provided by vendors that point to their own proprietary consoles.
- Get deep-level detail from Dell servers for inventory, monitoring and alerting — all from within vCenter.
- Deploy BIOS and firmware updates to Dell servers from within vCenter.
- Build hardware and hypervisor profiles, and deploy any combination of the two on bare-metal Dell PowerEdge servers without a Preboot Execution Environment (PXE).
- Automatically perform Dell-recommended vCenter actions based on Dell hardware alerts.
- Access your warranty from the Dell hardware warranty page online. Receive proactive renewal alerts from Dell before your warranty expires.
The combination of the OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter and the revolutionary embedded management features offered by Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller in Dell PowerEdge servers gives you an unmatched level of integration between vCenter and your server hardware.