Dell Awarded a Framework Agreement to Government’s G-Cloud Programme
|Share.||Follow.||Join the conversation. |
- Dell’s cloud infrastructure solutions and services will enable government departments to gain greater efficiency and reduce costs while focusing on delivering quality of service.
- G-Cloud Programme enables government to purchase IT services on a ‘pay-as-you-go’ basis.
Dell has been awarded a framework agreement by the Government Procurement Service (GPS) to be a Government G-Cloud provider for CloudStore, the online application store for cloud-based ICT services. Dell actively supports the government’s cloud strategy, which aims to deliver £120m in ICT savings into government departments, local authorities and the wider public sector through the use of cloud computing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Specialist Cloud Services by 2015.
Based on shared infrastructure, Dell’s public cloud services require no up-front capital investment. Dell’s cloud services enable the highly efficient use of computing resources with virtually unlimited scalability, which will help government departments gain improved efficiencies, flexibility and cost predictability. By deploying Dell’s cloud services, customers will also see productivity and performance gains, reduction in energy consumption and better time management savings through automation.
Dell will be offering the following services through the CloudStore:
Lot 1 – Infrastructure as a Service IaaS:
- Cloud Data Centre Services - Pay-as-you-use IT Infrastructure capacity
- Cloud Asset Management – Pay-as-you-use Asset Management
- Desktop as a Service – Pay-as-you-use Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Managed Infrastructure as a Service –Managed servers, backup and network Infrastructure
- High Performance Computing as a Service - Computational infrastructure as a service
Lot 3 – Software as a Service SaaS:
- Email Management Services (EMS) – Email continuity, security, archive and Blackberry email services from the cloud
- AlertFind – Personal safety and notification service
- Boomi – On premise to cloud application integration and connectivity as a service
Lot 4 - Specialist Cloud Services:
- Cloud Consulting – Analysing, Defining and Implementing Cloud adoption services
- Boomi Cloud Integration Consultancy - On premise to cloud integration consultancy
- Managed Security Services – Mitigating cyber security threats
- Security Risk Consulting – Expert guidance on mitigating against potential cyber security threats
IT plays a pivotal role in the Government’s operations and therefore plays a crucial role in speeding up processes both internally within departments and externally in fulfilling public services. While public sector departments are focused on cutting costs, the public expects the level and quality of government services to improve.
Cloud computing has the ability to make organisations highly agile, adaptive and opportunistic. Dell sees many organisations taking advantage of cloud computing now, delivering immediate and clear benefits. Dell’s cloud offering is based on open standards and interoperable technologies that enable the seamless portability of workloads between public and private clouds.
Dell has demonstrated a strong commitment to becoming a cloud solutions company in our acquisition strategy, and investment in building out global cloud data centres that operate and deliver hyperscale efficiency. In addition, our significant presence in many industries including Healthcare, Education, Local and Central Government helps us successfully build community or vertically specific cloud solutions.
“Dell is committed to both developing and investing in innovative solutions that deliver greater value and better outcomes for our customers. We are delighted to be a provider for CloudStore, and support the government’s G-Cloud Programme. We look forward to helping the UK public sector to achieve increased efficiencies and innovation through the use of cloud computing.” Claire Vyvyan, Director and General Manager - Public Sector at Dell.
“At the Government Procurement Service our priority is to provide procurement savings for organisations across the UK public sector. The inclusion of Dell to the G-Cloud Programme will strengthen our offering and provide public sector buyers with a tried and tested route to achieve value for money.” Marie-Helene Durif, Head of Sourcing & Category Management - ICT, at the Government Procurement Service.
Dell Corporation Limited, ultimate parent Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL), listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
|Dell, PowerEdge, EqualLogic, Force 10, KACE, Latitude and PowerConnect are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.|