Dell launches Pay It Forward initiative to support one million female entrepreneurs by 2015
|Share.||Follow.||Join the conversation. |
- United Nations Foundation and Girl UP; Girl Scouts of the USA; and the Dell Social Innovation Challenge join Dell to Pay It Forward
- More than 150 leading female entrepreneurs from 13 countries attend fourth annual Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network event in Istanbul
- Follow the event live stream, join Women Powering Business Group on LinkedIn, or join the conversation on Twitter at #DWEN
The fourth annual Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network global event opened here yesterday with more than 150 female entrepreneurs and business leaders attending. The event’s theme, Pay It Forward, will shape a new initiative, led by Dell, to mobilize successful women business owners and leaders to help more than one million aspiring women entrepreneurs by the end of 2015.
“Whether it is in business, mentorship or philanthropy, women have the skills and the power to pay it forward and build strong communities that can make a meaningful difference,” said Elizabeth Gore, resident entrepreneur, United Nations Foundation. “Through this new initiative from Dell, we’re looking forward to being part of something that helps to truly transform lives and opportunities, in addition to unearthing inspiring stories of the successful contributions made by what will become an amazing community.”
The Pay It Forward initiative – how it works:
- The 10,000 members of the Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network, Women Powering Business community and Wise Dell team member network to help at least 10 women entrepreneurs over the next two years, who in turn help 10 more.
- Through financial support or time, women will receive help to improve their access to the knowledge, technology, capital and networks they need to reach their full potential.
- Visit www.Dell.com/payitforward for suggestions on ways to pay it forward through a network of non-profit organizations focused on advancing women and girls.
- A portal will track member commitments, share information about organizations and communities that support women and girls, particularly in entrepreneurship, and report progress against the overall goal of helping one million women by the end of 2015.
The 2013 Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network global event includes:
- 14 keynote and panel sessions featuring insight and advice from more than 40 inspirational women entrepreneurs and business leaders, including a number of sessions to help attendees maximise the opportunity to do business in Turkey;
- Pre-conference labs, led by network members for their peers, around key themes including innovation, brand, digital and capital;
- Discussion-based breakout sessions around scaling for growth, gender balance, corporate values, growing business into emerging markets and a special session around the theme of the event: Paying It Forward;
- Technology audits to help attendees better understand how technology can help their businesses grow and scale;
- Doing-Business-in-Turkey sessions including consular and trade body representatives to explore the challenges and opportunities of expanding into the region; and,
- Three days of networking opportunities with attendees.
Previous Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network global events have been held in New Delhi, India (2012); Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2011); and Shanghai, China (2010). This year’s event runs June 2-4 and is co-sponsored by Intel.
Follow the event
Women entrepreneurs and business leaders are invited to join in the conversation through the Women Powering Business group on LinkedIn or on Twitter via @DellBizWomen and #DWEN. Interested parties not attending the event can follow some of the sessions through the event live stream.
“I have witnessed first-hand the skills, experience and desire to succeed that our Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network members share. They inspired the Pay it Forward movement as a way to harness the power of those attributes, amplify them and positively impact economic growth worldwide. By mobilizing thousands of women to help a million more women, we will have a huge, collective impact, drive real change and transform opportunities, not only for our members, but for women everywhere.” – Karen Quintos, senior vice president and chief marketing officer (CMO), Dell.
“As entrepreneurs, regardless of where we’re based or the size of our business, we typically share common challenges in doing business. These include getting access to the right levels of capital, understanding which technologies will best help us to scale our businesses, or having the confidence to choose the right market to go to next. Having the support of such a rich and like-minded community like the Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network is extremely important to me as a business owner. I am personally extremely enthusiastic about the Pay It Forward initiative. Having the power to support and share our experiences and knowledge to help others, and to build a sustainable global community is a genuinely exciting opportunity that cannot be missed.” – Elisabete Miranda, president, CQ Fluency and 2013 Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network global event attendee.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. As the visionary outcome of a true entrepreneur, Dell is committed to help power the success of entrepreneurs by developing technology solutions that help their businesses increase productivity and grow. Through the Dell Women’s Entrepreneur Network, Dell supports and nurtures a community of female entrepreneurs by providing access to knowledge, networks, and capital. Learn more at www.dell.com/women.