Dell Helps Massage Envy Spa Transform IT Security at 960+ Clinics
- Massage Envy Spa deploys Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewall solutions at clinics across the nation to ensure PCI compliance
- Massage Envy Spa increases overall security and control, reducing malware by up to 30 percent
- IT personnel save hours each month and reduce complexity by centralizing management of more than 960 firewalls and eliminating manual processes
Dell today announced that Massage Envy Spa, one of the nation’s leading health and wellness franchises, uses Dell SonicWALL security solutions to increase cardholder security, simplify administration, support new services, and facilitate rapid expansion. The deployment of SonicWALL products at 960+ clinics enables Massage Envy Spa franchise owners to focus on growing their business, rather than managing IT issues. The company has saved its IT staff 32 hours every week, reduced malware by up to 30 percent and achieved increased uptime.
Prior to implementation, franchises used a variety of third-party hardware and software solutions that offered limited capabilities, and did not allow the clinics to segment the LAN from the WLAN. Firewall administration was cumbersome and difficult to manage; IT personnel were spending about 50 hours each month manually managing individual firewalls using a remote access software solution. As Massage Envy Spa’s business expanded, the organization needed an enterprise-grade IT solution that could scale to accommodate growth, plus boost security and ease of management.
To protect and manage its large distributed network, Massage Envy Spa deployed Dell SonicWALL NSA next-generation firewalls at its Franchise Support Center, with the Dell SonicWALL Global Management System (GMS) and TZ Series firewalls at each clinic. Additionally, the organization standardized on Dell servers and workstations to create a holistic IT solution ─ saving money and simplifying support processes by reducing the number of third-party technologies used in the infrastructure.
- Each of the clinics implemented Dell SonicWALL TZ 210 or TZ 215 firewalls with intrusion prevention, content filtering and anti-malware services. Massage Envy Spa gained a deeper level of protection, as well as up to a 30 percent reduction in malware thanks to the extensive security capabilities.
- To simplify enterprise-level firewall administration, Massage Envy Spa deployed two Dell SonicWALL UMA EM5000 Universal Management Appliances at its Franchise Support Center. Today, staff can instantly access any firewall using the central Dell SonicWALL GMS console, saving approximately 20 hours each month in manual login processes.
- By standardizing on Dell solutions, IT now has better visibility into all of the technologies throughout the organization, which has led to a measurable increase in network uptime.
Stacey Arellano, IT program manager, Massage Envy Spa
“We consider our firewalls to be one of the most important part of our IT solution. We needed firewalls that provided the level of security that we required for a national brand, but were still affordable for owners of small or medium-sized businesses. Because all of our sites now use a standardized Dell solution, we fully understand all of the technologies throughout our infrastructure so we can mitigate risks.”
Adam Jacobi, director of IT Services, Massage Envy Spa
“We get all of the security capabilities we want in one Dell SonicWALL device, including intrusion prevention, content filtering and anti-virus. And the training curve isn’t steep like it is for products from other vendors, because SonicWALL devices provide an easy-to-use GUI interface. Compared with other vendors, Dell’s customer support and warranty services are fantastic and we always get fast, proactive responses.”
Patrick Sweeney, executive director of product management
“Having deep visibility and centralized management of the entire network environment is essential for ensuring a healthy organization across hundreds of locations. Using Dell SonicWALL solutions, Massage Envy Spa has been able to simplify its IT infrastructure and reduce security silos, comply with PCI mandates and enable franchise owners to focus on their business rather than IT issues.”
*Part of Dell Connected Security
Dell’s Connected Security vision and portfolio of solutions give customers the power to solve their biggest security and compliance challenges today from device to datacenter to cloud in a connected and contextual way. With this set of powerful and Connected Security solutions, Dell’s customers can mitigate risks, and, as a result, accelerate their results.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com and http://software.dell.com/
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.