|Share.||Join the conversation. #DellTechCamp|
In collaboration with partners Intel and Microsoft, the sixth edition of the Dell EMEA Technology Camp event brings 100 regional influencers, media and industry analysts together for a strategic Dell business update including key news announcements across the four lines of business: Enterprise Solutions, End User Computing, Software and Services. This year’s event is themed according to Dell’s customer imperatives: Transform, Connect, Inform, Protect. It takes place October 22-23 at the beautiful and historic Maison des Polytechniciens.
|The Dell Precision M3800, the thinnest and lightest 15-inch mobile workstation, blends beautiful design with uncompromising performance and is designed for digital content creators and engineers looking for portability, power and stylish design to match their image and environment. ISV certification ensures rock-solid performance with your demanding professional software.|
Dell PowerEdge VRTX
|The PowerEdge VRTX is a shared infrastructure platform offering extensive performance and capacity with office-level acoustics in a single, compact tower chassis. It is an ideal solution for small and midsize businesses as well as remote and branch offices of large enterprises|
Dell Document Hub cloud service
|The Dell Document Hub cloud service which lets users share, create and print across many common cloud document platforms.|
Dell | SAP HANA Solution
|Traditional data warehousing technologies may struggle with vast and complex data sets, but Dell’s SAP HANA solution, part of Dell’s Active Infrastructure portfolio, delivers a new approach that can provide instantaneous access to results gleaned from mountains of disparate data.|
Dell One Identity Cloud Access Manager
|Web-based access control to help organizations safely and effectively use both on-premise and cloud-based applications. |
Dell SonicWALL NSA 2600 next generation firewall
|Dell’s patented single-pass Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection engine that leverages the power of more than one million connected sensors around the world, so organizations can block the newest threats as they emerge.|
Dell ChangeAuditor 6.0
|Track reports and alerts on vital configuration, user and administrative changes in real-time, without the overhead of native auditing.|
Dell InTrust™ 10.7
|Helps organizations address regulatory compliance and internal security through the secure real-time collection, compression and search of event logs.|
RemoveDell One Identity Cloud Access Manager Unifies and Controls Access to Both Cloud-Dell One Identity Access Manager Fact SheetRemoveNew Dell Network Security Appliance Delivers a Deeper Level of Protection to Small- to Mid-SizedDell SonicWALL NSA 2600 fact sheet
RemoveDell ChangeAuditor 6.0 Delivers Security in ContextDell ChangeAuditor fact sheetRemoveDell InTrust 10.7 Reduces Complexity of Event Log ManagementDell InTrust fact sheet
Dell Technology Camp Keynotes
Michael Dell will open the official keynote, introducing ‘the world’s largest start-up’. Following an open Q&A with the audience, attendees will also hear from global and regional business leaders across Enterprise, Software and Services as well as Intel to conclude the morning keynote.
- Aongus Hegarty, President EMEA, will officially welcome attendees and host the keynote session
- Peter Evans, vice president, Enterprise Marketing, Dell will discuss key trends and how Dell is differentiating with its enterprise solutions
- Matt Medeiros, vice president, Dell Software, and Joanne Moretti, vice president, Marketing, Dell Software will discuss the Software business’s progress to date
- Eric Clark, vice president, Dell Services, EMEA, will discuss the regional business charter and highlight customer momentum
- Maurizio Riva, Senior Director for EMEA Sales, Intel, will discuss Intel’s point of view on convergence and the future of the data center
Attendees will be strategically placed into five different groups based on type of attendee – press or industry analyst – and country origin to attend five different breakouts running concurrently and rotated in hour intervals. Breakouts have been themed in line with the Dell customer imperatives in addition to the ever popular Design Lab.
- Empower teams enterprise-wide with the first converged IT solution designed specifically for remote/branch office environments.
- Organizations are buying on a spectrum between disaggregation and converged, and moving to the cloud (private, hybrid and public).
- Dell’s converged infrastructure, application integration and cloud solutions can help organizations transform their data centers and their business application portfolio.
- For Dell, convergence is a means of integrating multiple IT components for better efficiency. By combining components like servers, networking and storage into a single entity or solution, organizations can pool and share their collective resources more effectively.
- Convergence impacts the entire data center - infrastructure, management, applications and service management – not just the hardware.
- Converged solutions can help customers simplify and centralize the management of those resources and achieve significant cost savings. They act as an enabling platform for workloads and cloud, so IT must ensure converged systems are designed to best address the needs of their business’s workloads now and in the future.
- This session will demonstrate that with converged solutions, Dell helps organizations increase agility, maximize data center efficiency, and strengthen quality .
- Core Solutions: Dell Active System, VRTX, Cloud
- Spokespeople: Paul Larson, Hugh Jenkins, Luke Mahon, Steve Paper (Intel)
- Customers: Caterham, Renault
- The Evolving Workforce is the blend of key IT trends and the behavioral expectations of people – and the resulting consequences have been driving a sea change in enterprise computing.
- For example, some of the ‘mega trends’ include the blurring of home and work life, today’s ‘super social’ era and demand for better devices in the workplace, all of which are having an impact on corporate IT design and management.
- Dell believes the inflection point for how businesses address these issues and adopt the right model allowing access to content, regardless of source, place or time is now.
- The session will outline the mobility business models customers are pursuing moving forward as well as how to manage the dichotomy between personal and business technology usage.
- Core Solutions: Dell Tablets, Cloud Client Computing, KACE, SonicWall, Services
- Spokespeople: Margaret Franco, Guillaume Field, Alan Sergeant (Intel)
- Within the Big Data discussion, the Dell POV is to turn data into insights in order to maximize return on information.
- State-of-the-art technology that increases infrastructure performance helps customer building solutions to accelerate providing these insights.
- Good analytics becomes an almost instant and ‘on-demand’ insight to make the right business decisions. Every second counts in this highly competitive world.
- Flash Storage technology, in particular the way it is integrated within Dell’s unique Fluid Data architecture, is providing customers highly affordable solutions that are unmatched in the industry.
- This session will demonstrate how Dell is therefore changing the economics of D ata Insights.
- Core Solutions: EqualLogic Flash, Compellent Flash, PowerVault Flash
- Spokespeople: Robin Kuepers, John Everett
- Customer: Systemhosting
- New technologies and user behaviors are prompting customers to redefine their security requirements.
- There is now increased importance and organizational impact of integrating security into every technology touch point.
- This session will outline Dell’s Connect Security story and how deploying this strategy helps organizations integrate security into the fabric of every element of the technology environment from Cloud (Transform), to BYOD/Mobility (Connect) to Compliance (Transform), thus demonstrating how Dell is unique in the value it brings to customers, end to end.
- Core Solutions: Dell One Cloud Access Manager, NSA2600, ChangeAuditor, inTrust, Keystone, SonicWall, SecureWorks
- Spokespeople: Scott Lang, Ramses Gallego
- Dell’s design philosophy can often be a hidden jewel within the organization.
- Delivered as an interactive ‘lab’ format, t his session will illustrate the core design principles behind Dell’s enterprise, end user computing and software solutions.
- Core Solutions: Latitude 7000 series, Dell Precision M3800, VRTX, Tablets
- Spokespeople: Michael Smith, Fleming Seay, Maggie Bellinger
In further cementing Dell as a credit thought leader on industry topics and issues that matter to customers, Dell has established a Think Tank series which are roundtable discussions, facilitated by Dell, with industry experts, customers and influencers that are live-streamed to invite virtual participation and ensure a continuation of the conversation.
This year’s Dell Technology Camp will host a discussion entitled: Connected Security - The new threat matrix: How can CIOs and business leaders practically protect their assets on a day-to-day basis?
- There is no lack of technology and security solutions out there to help protect a business; device management, SIEM technology, identity and access management, managed security services and network monitoring.
- However, confronted with a burgeoning mix of unseen and unknown threats, how can an organization decide what the best approach is to keeping its assets secure, while minimizing the silos that often emerge when securing the organization and its assets?
- This discussion will cover how organizations can gain outside-in and inside-out protection and the practical steps businesses can take to protect themselves. Topics will include who should make the security decisions; IT, mid-level managers, a security professional or the board? Which technology and solutions should an organization be implementing, and what does security utopia look like?
- Statistics around the number of threats businesses face on a day-to-day basis, along with real life examples of attacks will form an integral part of this Think Tank.
To close the Dell Technology Camp event, Aongus Hegarty, President EMEA, Dell, will speak with two Dell customers about their innovative use of technology to solve real world problems. Participants include: