Technology and Tranformation in Healthcare Think Tank
On March 18, 2014, Dell Healthcare and Life Sciences hosted its third social think tank, At the Crossroads: Technology and Transformation in Healthcare, focused on the future of healthcare IT at the Four Seasons in Dallas, Texas. The goal for this event was to create an open, honest and collaborative forum in which leading experts in healthcare IT from differing backgrounds come together to discuss burning topics and how they will drive transformation in the year ahead. It provided an opportunity for Dell and participants to build relationships and learn from each other, bring their collective communities together and have an engaging conversation. Moreover, the annual event demonstrated Dell’s thought leadership in encouraging an information-driven healthcare system.
- The Connected World - BYOD/Internet of Things, Security Concerns, Patient Engagement, Interoperability/HIE, Patient-generated Health Data
- Aligning the Players - New Business Models, Shared Risk, Clinical Data vs. Claims Data, Changing Roles of Provides/Payers/Patients
- Analytics to Drive Change - Data Quality, Personalizing Care, Population Health Management
The think tank garnered widespread participation both in person and online.
Panel particpants included:
- August Calhoun, Ph.D. – Vice President/General Manager, Dell Healthcare and Life Sciences - @AugustCalhoun
- Sid Nair – Vice President/General Manager, HCLS, Dell Services - @nairsid
- Andrew Litt, M.D. – Dell Healthcare and Life Sciences - @DrAndyLitt
- Brian Ahier - President, Advanced HIE Resources @Ahier (MODERATOR)
- Dan Munro - Contributor, Forbes @DanMunro
- Drex Deford - CEO, Next Wave Connect and member of Dell HCLS Advisory Board @DrexDeford
- Janet Marchibroda - Director, Health Innovation Initiative, Bipartisan Policy Center @BPC_Bipartisan
- John Lynn - Founder, HealthcareScene.com @TechGuy
- Dr. Joseph Kim - Chief Editor, Medicine and Technology.com @DrJosephKim
- Dr. Wen Dombrowski - Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO), VNA Health Group @HealthcareWen
- Kevin Riley - President, Kevin Riley & Associates | modelH @KevineRiley
- Nora Belcher - Executive Director, Texas e-Health Alliance @NoraBelcher
- Shahid Shah - Chairman, HealthIMPACT @ShahidNShah
View the complete photoset on Flickr.