Help Me Choose: Microsoft Office
Office now offers the option of purchasing a single copy of Office* or Office 365* Home Premium subscription, which can be shared across up to 5 PCs or Macs.
The new Office suites include:
- Updated applications — Word, Excel®, PowerPoint® Outlook®, Publisher and Access* (included applications vary by suite - please check what’s available by clicking on the Compare Side by Side tab).
- Personalized settings and documents are available every time you sign in.
- New support for touch and stylus* in addition to keyboard and mouse on touch-enabled devices.
- 7GB of SkyDrive® storage, enabling you to save to SkyDrive automatically, and easily access and share documents from virtually anywhere.*
More than 1 PC?
Office 365 Home Premium — All Office applications for the entire household on up to 5 PCs and Macs in a convenient annual subscription including automatic upgrades so you are always up to date with the latest features and services. Also includes an extra 20GB online storage in SkyDrive for anywhere access to your documents.*
Single PC only?
Three new Office suites deliver powerful new versions of the applications you already know and trust. Each of these suites is ideal for those using a single computer for home or small business.
- Office Home & Student 2013 — Ideal for home users. Includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote*
- Office Home & Business 2013 — Perfect for small business and home users who need to manage email, calendars and tasks. Includes all of the applications from Office Home & Student 2013, as well as Outlook*.
- Office Professional 2013 — Best choice for small business and home users who need the complete Office suite, including publishing and database tools. Includes all of the applications from Office Home & Business 2013, as well as Publisher 2013 and Access 2013*.
Pick the right Office for you.
|Home & Student 2013||Home & Business 2013||Professional 2013||Office 365 Home Premium|
|Licenses||1 PC||1 PC||1 PC||5 PCs or Macs|
plus select mobile
|Core Office applications:|
Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
|Email, calendars and tasks:|
|Publishing and databases: |
|Office on multiple devices:|
Install Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on select mobile devices when available.*
Always have your applications, settings and documents accessible when you need them.
|Office on Demand:|
Stream full-featured Office applications* to any internet-connected PC with Office on Demand.*
|SkyDrive® + 20GB storage:|
Save documents online to your SkyDrive for easy access and sharing virtually anywhere.*
|Easy annual subscription:|
Includes ongoing access to version upgrades, multiple device installs and access to multiple languages.
1. What version of Windows do I need to run Office 365 or the new Office suites?
Windows 7 or Windows 8 is required.
2. What is the difference between the Office suites and Office 365 Home Premium?
- Office suites are designed for use on a single PC and cannot be transferred to a different PC.
- Office 365 Home Premium is a subscription service that includes all Office applications. It can be installed on up to 5 PCs and includes additional cloud services, such as additional SkyDrive online storage.
3. Can I open Office 365 or Office documents using earlier versions of Office?
Yes, by using compatibility and service packs found at www.office.com.
4. Do I need to buy Office for my Windows RT device?
- No, Office Home & Student 2013 RT comes preinstalled. Does Office come with a disc(s)?
- Disc not included. The suite will be preinstalled on the PC as an active image or available for download.
5. What is "the cloud"?
Cloud computing is the use of computing resources (hardware and software) that are delivered as a service over a network (typically the internet).
6. Are the Office applications installed on my PC or are they actually in the cloud?
- For all editions, applications are installed on the customer’s PC.
7. What is the minimum hard disk space required to install Office?
- 3.0 gigabytes (GB) available.
8. What is SkyDrive?
- Online (cloud) storage to upload files, and access from anywhere.
- Office 365 comes with 20GB of SkyDrive storage.
9. Which of the following is a key feature that is unique to Office 365 subscription in comparison to Office suites?
- Product upgrades are included as long as the customer has a current subscription.
10. Why isn't OneNote included with the system?
- OneNote is not part of the factory-installed version of Office; however, it is installed on your system. It will not be visible in the "Tiles" section but go to "Desktop" and you will see it listed under the desktop applications.
Did you know that with Office you can:
- Access information anywhere using your SkyDrive account. The new Office is cloud-connected, and your documents are accessible from any device.*
- Keep your hands free by privately viewing speaker notes, upcoming slides and presentation time through new features in PowerPoint® Presenter View.
- Use touch to take notes, write emails and access features with Office and Windows 8.*
- Easily access recent documents in the cloud or from the newly designed Start screen.*
- Simply sign in to Office and documents are easily accessible. When customers come back,
they pick up where they left off.*
- Capture, organize and share information in a digital notebook, including notes, photos, web
pages and media — accessible across devices from virtually anywhere.*
- With the new Office, sign in to an application to remember personal settings and most
- Save to the cloud with SkyDrive to access documents from almost anywhere.*
- Save documents online in SkyDrive when signed in to Office. When offline, documents
are saved to a SkyDrive folder on the local PC.
- Office responds to touch and stylus** as naturally as it does to keyboard and mouse, so
you can easily create, edit, and read documents and presentations.
- An enhanced reading experience, regardless of screen size, makes it simple to zoom in and
out, and use touch to turn pages.*
- Format and rearrange data easily — no formulas or macros required.