Applications — The Centerpiece of a BYOD Environment
The migration of consumer technology into commercial or enterprise technology — consumerization of IT (CoIT) — has popularized Bring-Your-Own-Device environments, where employees can bring personally owned devices to work and use them to access corporate resources. To implement a successful BYOD program, IT departments need to:
- Define clear HR and business policies
- Secure and protect the data
- Empower workforce with access to data and applications anytime, anywhere
Learn how enterprise mobile applications and applications management solutions can help you implement a sound BYOD plan. Discover best practices in applications development and management to help ensure data security in your BYOD infrastructure.
Investing in enterprise mobile applications can help you exploit the full benefits of BYOD. Mobile applications empower a BYOD environment and help ensure its success by increasing employee productivity and customer engagement.
The key to understanding mobile applications includes:
- Determining what types of applications you need
- Understanding the various platforms on which applications can be developed
- Deploying, managing and securing these applications
Application management encompasses deployment, socialization and evaluation of applications and includes:
- Creating a mobile app store in order to help streamline and manage applications efficiently by supporting remote provisioning, managing software and licenses as well as scanning malware
- Developing a sound policy for BYOD in order to separate personal and corporate data and applications
- Ensuring security by implementing a security plan that is constantly monitored
BYOD constantly change the game for business, employees and IT. You need to find a way to maximize user productivity without sacrificing IT control and security in order to be successful.
Visit www.dell.com/services for more information about BYOD solutions for your organization.