College of North West London (CNWL)
Date : 11/1/2013
Ultimately, we’re here to underpin the learning experience for students. The minimum we need to offer is a resilient system that doesn’t go down. With our new Dell setup we never have downtime.
Garod Barker, Head of IT, College of North West London (CNWL), United Kingdom
ChallengeCNWL needs to provide continuous, high-quality IT services to attract staff and students. The IT team must manage growing volumes of data from applications running everything from closed-circuit television to document sharing.
SolutionThe college worked with Dell to deploy a scalable storage solution based on Dell Compellent storage arrays and Dell PowerEdge servers.
Benefits• College paves way for the future with scalable, up-to-date IT
• CNWL saves thousands on hardware thanks to efficient infrastructure
• Students and staff access new services in a quarter of the time
• Users receive uninterrupted access to IT
• Award-winning project ensures IT team can focus on innovation by saving 12 hours a week
• College makes significant energy savings thanks to optimised IT