Texas A&M International University (TAMIU)
Date : 12/1/2012
We’re improving services for students and guests, and we’re attracting new students because they see we use up-to-date technology like the Dell PowerConnect Wi-Fi solution.
Albert Chavez, Associate Director of Computing and Information Services, Texas A&M International University, United States
ChallengeTo give students access to online resources from anywhere on campus, TAMIU needs a modern IT infrastructure that provides fast, available and secure network access.
SolutionTAMIU replaced its wireless network with a scalable, enterprise-level Dell™ PowerConnect™ solution, including tools for automating, provisioning and improving control and security.
Benefits• University can continue facilitating an annual growth rate of 10 percent
• Students and faculty can achieve more by accessing WiFi from central and remote sites on campus, with any device
• Guests gain WiFi access in two minutes or less
• Administrators can boost service with end-to-end network insight
• Students are happier because WiFi is consistently fast and reliable
• The IT team is more productive and can focus on other projects