University of Maryland University College (UMUC)
Date : 10/1/2013
Our Microsoft Office and other applications run faster on Windows 7 and the Dell hardware, helping us all work more productively.
Ivey Butler, Senior Director for Client Relationship Management and Project Lead, UMUC, United States
ChallengeTo enhance IT services for faculty and staff across the United States, University of Maryland University College (UMUC) needed to replace out-of-lifecycle desktop hardware and software quickly and efficiently, and with minimal risk of downtime to staff services.
SolutionUMUC engaged Dell™ Infrastructure Consulting Services to create new Windows 7 desktop images and deploy them on 800 new Dell desktops, laptops and ultrabooks and 300 existing PCs.
Benefits• Delivering an efficient, low-risk desktop transformation
• Accelerating project delivery
• Helping staff succeed with the right devices
• Increasing productivity with better app performance
• Maximizing service uptime with faster issue resolution
• Driving efficiency and cost savings through desktop standardization