British Columbia Maritime Employers Association (BCMEA)
Date : 1/1/2014
Sporadic outages are gone. And each shift’s batch processing that matches jobs with workers takes half the time with Dell’s PowerEdge platform.
Vahid Farschi, Information Systems Supervisor, British Columbia Maritime Employers Association, Canada
ChallengeThe British Columbia Maritime Employers Association needed to replace an aging and unreliable dispatch system used to match up to 1,500 daily jobs with available dockworkers.
SolutionThe association eliminates outages and cuts the processing time needed to match jobs with workers via an updated dispatch solution that includes Dell servers and was validated by Dell IT consultants.
Benefits• Boosts user confidence in dispatch system by eliminating sporadic outages
• Cuts processing time needed to match jobs with workers by 50 percent
• Improves load balancing and failover disaster recovery
• Reduces total cost of ownership (TCO) by eliminating a rack of equipment
• Avoids downtime that has the potential for CDN$2.3 million-per-hour economic impact
• Maximizes utilization of hardware investments