La Cité creates a flexible desktop virtualization solution for staff and students
Date : 7/1/2014
Instead of putting out fires all the time and worrying about machines, we have more time on our hands with the Dell VDI solution, and we can be proactive about finding new solutions for the college.
Luc Lacasse, Systems Administrator, La Cité, Canada
ChallengeLa Cité wanted to ease desktop PC management and give students and teachers more flexibility.
SolutionThe college installed a virtualized desktop infrastructure featuring Dell PowerEdge servers, Dell Networking switches, Dell storage arrays and Dell Wyse P25 zero clients.
Benefits• Virtual desktop images are deployed in days instead of weeks
• IT staff spends less time on maintenance and more time finding new solutions
• College can be more competitive
• Instructors have up to 15 minutes of additional classroom time
• Students can work on CAD projects remotely
• College saves money and power