City of McKinney improves data center efficiency with Dell blades and software
Date : 8/1/2014
We need to know about problems before they happen, because in our environment, with police and fire services, it could be the difference between life and death. With Foglight, we can be more proactive and get ahead of problems before they occur.
Marcus Coleman, Infrastructure Director, City of McKinney, United States
ChallengeThe city of McKinney, Texas, needed better tools for monitoring application performance and stronger integration of disparate systems.
SolutionThe city deployed Foglight Application Performance Monitoring (APM) and Toad Data Modeler from Dell Software to increase application visibility, speed troubleshooting and improve integration.
Benefits• Better visibility into the city’s critical web and legacy applications
• More-modern applications and services for employees and residents
• Faster diagnosis and problem resolution
• Proactive troubleshooting
• Stronger integration of disparate applications
• Ability to get more out of existing infrastructure