Odyssey Space Research uses Dell blade technologies to perform more efficient simulations
Date : 4/1/2014
We can now run 64 simulations concurrently with our Dell infrastructure, compared to just 32 with our previous system, helping us deliver the best possible product to our customers more quickly.
Dax Slaughter, IT Team Member, Odyssey Space Research, United States
ChallengeOdyssey Space Research needed to upgrade its existing compute and storage environment to increase performance and uptime for engineers developing new control and navigation systems.
SolutionThe company deployed powerful Dell storage, networking and server infrastructure to meet engineers’ needs in a single, easy-to-manage enclosure.
Benefits• A powerful, converged compute, storage and networking infrastructure
• Constant systems uptime and increased user productivity
• Capacity to run double the number of concurrent simulations with a 22 percent overall performance increase
• Increased focus on billable work based on fast, simple management
• Scalability to meet future compute and storage needs
• End-to-end IT infrastructure from a single, trusted partner