Park City Mountain Resort (PCMR) enhances services and efficiency with VDI
Date : 2/1/2014
We’re saving up to $20,000 a year on energy with the Dell Wyse thin clients, which are far more efficient than rich-client PCs. We expect that figure will triple when we have all our users accessing apps via the VDI.
Ryan Hayes, IT Manager, Park City Mountain Resort, United States
ChallengePark City Mountain Resort (PCMR) needed a powerful server, storage and networking solution that could support and enhance IT services, including those delivered via its Dell-powered virtual desktop infrastructure.
SolutionThe resort chose to deploy a Dell Compellent storage array and Dell Networking switches alongside its existing Dell blade servers, which has optimized performance for its critical applications.
Benefits• Enhances the employee and guest experience with a Dell-powered VDI
• Lowers server costs by $50,000 with annual energy savings of $20,000
• Achieves major cost savings with tiered storage
• Deploys voice-over-IP for savings of $1,800 a month
• Delivers constant service availability
• Optimizes deployment, with the ability to resolve support issues in real time