City of Redondo Beach, California
Date : 1/1/2014
Dell’s desktop virtualization solution makes PC workstation downtime at the libraries a thing of the past and easily saves us about 200 IT hours a year.
Chris Benson, IT Director, City of Redondo Beach, California, United States
ChallengeTo keep delivering services at peak performance, the City of Redondo Beach’s IT infrastructure — from its desktops to its data center — needed updating, but at minimal capital cost.
SolutionWith the help of Dell Services, the City deployed 55 virtualized desktops for public access, enabled remote desktop access for City employees, virtualized applications for delivery to 550 city employees, and mirrored storage to improve disaster recovery.
Benefits• Public access PCs are more available, saving 200 hours in IT repair time a year
• Employees gain workplace flexibility via remote access
• Deployment disruptions minimized, with no services impact
• Deployment occurred 75 percent faster, improving employee acceptance
• Disaster recovery configuration provides peace of mind
• Leasing eliminated initial capital investment needs