Take the cost and complexity out of sizing and deploying network attached storage (NAS). Our scale-out NAS solutions prevent overprovisioning for future business demands, enabling you to easily increase performance and capacity — independently and non-disruptively — as your needs evolve.
Based on Dell storage arrays and Dell Fluid File System v3 (a scale-out clustered file system), Dell scale-out NAS solutions can be optimized for:
- High performance: Leverage linear performance scaling up to 495 K SPECsfs OPS
- High capacity: Scale a single namespace up to 2 petabytes (PB)* with support for serial attached SCSI (SAS), nearline SAS, Fibre Channel and solid-state drives (SSDs)
File-based workflows — such as those in life sciences, medical imaging, oil and gas production, and video surveillance — need the flexibility that Dell scale-out NAS solutions offer, including:
- Heterogeneous environment compatibility (with support for NAS and SAN protocols)
- Independent capacity and performance expansion
- Services to help with installation, configuration and integration
Our proven hardware platform ensures reliable and efficient operation with:
- Snapshot and replication: Optimizes data recovery with precise recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO)
- High-availability configuration: Dual active/active controller architecture and cache mirroring provides reliability for business-critical workloads
- Deduplication and compression: Eliminates redundant data and reduces capacity required for common enterprise file data by 48 percent.*
Dell scale-out NAS solutions come ready to deploy and can be configured with Dell:
- NAS appliances
- Compellent SC or PS series storage arrays
- Networking switches
- Racks, rails and cables
- Services and support*
Contact a Dell expert to discover the scale-out NAS solution ideal for your organization.
- The Dell FS8600 with Dell Fluid File System v3 supports up to 2 PB in a single namespace.
- Based on May 2013 internal Dell analysis of the Dell FS8600 NAS appliance with Fluid Data Reduction, using real-world home share environment comprised of Office (21%), .GZ (19%) and flate (19%) files, among others.
- Availability and terms of Dell services vary by region. For more information, visit Dell.com/servicedescriptions.