DVS Enterprise for vWorkspace
Choose a desktop virtualization model that enables you to support a heterogeneous user environment and still keep the average cost of a virtual desktop to a minimum. You can deploy a mix of 500 to 5000 remote desktop sessions or virtual desktops, application delivery and physical desktops with Dell qualified vWorkspace 8.0 on Hyper-V™. DVS Enterprise for vWorkspace enables you to:
- Deploy a powerful, end-to-end application and desktop virtualization, including endpoints and Dell ProSupport.
- Apply your existing Microsoft investment and expertise.
- Provide a powerful user experience.
- Support flexible bring your own device (BYOD) initiatives.
- Take advantage of integrated virtual machine (VM) monitoring and advanced management tools
- Minimize your cost for each seat.
Dell qualified vWorkspace 8.0 on Hyper-V is an extension of desktop virtualization based on Microsoft Windows Server® 2012 RDS.
- Management server: One Dell PowerEdge 12th-generation R720 rack server (fixed configuration supports the connection broker and user profile management)
- Compute servers: One-to-many R720 rack servers, depending on the number of seats
- Storage hardware: One or two internet SCSI (iSCSI) 1G Dell EqualLogic PS4100E, PS6100E or PS6500E storage array
- Network switches: One to four Dell Networking S55 top-of-rack 1G switch for LAN and iSCSI
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012: Software and licensing, including Hyper-V™
- Dell vWorkspace 8.0: Virtualization software and licensing
- Foglight for virtual desktops (optional): Software providing diagnostics and analytics so you can identify and resolve virtual device interface (VDI) and Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Session Host (TS/RDSH) issues before they impact end users
Get the following benefits with DVS Enterprise for vWorkspace:
- Cost savings
- Low input/output operations per second (IOPS)
- Reduced storage requirements with HyperCache and HyperDeploy
- Support for up to 230 virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) users or remote desktop sessions for each server
- Interoperability with multiple Microsoft® Windows Server® versions (2003/2008/2012)
- Reduced hardware and software infrastructure requirements in complex environments with multitenancy support
- A rich user experience
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V™, Windows 8 and RemoteFX® integration
- Enhanced Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) support for audio, graphics, multimedia, printing and USB on WAN and multimonitoring with Experience Optimized Protocol (EOP)
- High-latency and low-bandwidth network optimization
- Bring your own device (BYOD) and multiclient operating system support (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, Java, thin clients)
- Centralized and efficient IT management
- A single management console
- The ability to deploy and provision hundreds of VMs or Remote Desktop Session Hosts (RDSH) in minutes
- Issue remediation and management ― before users feel the impact ― with optional Foglight for Virtual Desktops
- Access to VMs and applications based on multiple factors with advanced targets
- Two-factor authentication for all vWorkspace connectors (iPad, Android, Mac and so on)
- Built-in logging of administrative and user activity
- End-to-end solution
- End-to-end VDI solution ― from servers, storage and networking to endpoints, virtualization software and support
- The same phone number for hardware and software support