Help Me Choose: Intel® Processor
• The processor or CPU processes the critical information and instructions that make your computer perform. Think of it as the system’s brains, enabling it to run the applications and other operations.
• The speed at which your system runs programs, loads images and downloads files depends in part on the processor. Bandwidth, clock speed and the number of cores in the processor all help determine processor performance. In general, a higher core number indicates higher performance when comparing the same type of processor, e.g. a core i7 will perform better than an i3.
• Upgrading a processor after you purchase your computer can be costly and difficult. Because of this, we recommend that you choose a processor with enough performance to meet your needs well into the future.
• If you want to run multiple applications at the same time, download and edit high-definition (HD) videos, convert media, and play video games on your PC, choose the Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processor.
• If you want to save a little money but still be able to view photos, movies and media, and accomplish everyday tasks like word processing, email and web browsing, choose the Intel Core i3 processor.
New 6th Generation Intel® Processor:
Built to outperform.
The new standard for PC performance has arrived with Intel® 6th Generation Core™ processors! From the blazing fast startups to natural interaction through touch, voice and facial recognition, you immediately realize the bar has been raised. Amazing responsiveness lets you rocket between apps and browsing. 4K Ultra HD video content leaps off the screen. And, by enabling the exciting Windows 10 features, the 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 processors empower you to unleash your imagination and explore the possibilities.
Improved performance, better battery life.
4th Generation Intel® processors are power efficient without sacrificing performance and provide up to 2x better graphics performance versus previous generations. View your photos, movies and media in stunning clarity — even when you’re on the go.
|Which processor is best for me?|
When it comes to choosing a processor, keep in mind that a higher number generally indicates better performance. Available in three performance levels, Intel® Core i3, i5 and i7 processors are designed to deliver faster, smarter performance. Depending on the number of cores within each processor, you can get more multitasking capability, extra speed or advanced media capability.
Intel Core i7
|Intel Core i7|
Thanks to new processor technology that adapts to meet your needs and enables you to multitask faster; Core i7 processors have all the capabilities of Core i3 and i5, including Intel Turbo Boost Technology. Plus they deliver serious PC performance, especially when it comes to creating digital videos, music and photos. With four- and eight-way* multitask processing, you can get things done quicker, saving you time. Core i7 is available on select Dell systems.
Intel Core i5
|Intel Core i5|
Apart from providing great graphics and multitasking, Core i5 processors automatically speed up when your PC needs a little extra boost, thanks to Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. With four-way multitask processing, you can get many things done at once.
Intel Core i3
|Intel Core i3|
Core i3 processors are perfect for everyday applications and are a huge step up from Pentium® processors. Featuring two cores, four-way multitask processing and new graphics capabilities, you can be sure that you will have the performance you need to get your everyday tasks done faster and enjoy a great visual experience.
|Intel Pentium® dual core processor |
Dual core processors are ideal for multitasking and everyday computing.
|Intel Celeron® M processor|
This low-cost option is great for basic business and personal productivity applications.