Capacity Gains Through Technology
Limitations on space, power and cooling capacity, combined with rising energy costs, present enormous challenges for IT environments. The newest Dell™ PowerEdge™ servers feature Energy Smart technologies designed to reduce power consumption while increasing performance and capacity based on our five key technologies:
- Dell Energy Smart power supplies — Energy Smart power supply units (PSUs) are engineered and right sized to achieve some of the highest efficiencies in the industry by taking unneeded overhead out of the server power envelope. In fact, in February of 2012, Dell became the first in the industry to achieve 80 PLUS Titanium-certification for a server power supply.
- Dell Energy Smart system design — We deliver breakthrough system design by leveraging high-efficiency voltage regulators, greater venting and airflow, low-flow fan technology and advanced resource management to help maximize performance per watt.
- Dell Active Power Controller™ (DAPC) — The exclusive Dell PowerEdge servers with DAPC provide an OS-agnostic power-management capability designed to save you money by lowering the system-level power draw during low utilization.
- Dell Energy Smart Management — Incorporating a significant increase in functionality over previous generations, Dell Energy Smart Management features include power capping, advanced power policies, power scheduling and device disablement.
- High-efficiency processors and memory — We incorporate some of the latest processor and memory technologies to target the highest performance per watt for industry-standard servers.
We engineer our servers to rigorous standards, qualifying both for the ENERGY STAR® specifications sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and our own comprehensive Energy Smart specifications.