Combined wired and wireless solutions that make sense
These networking solutions are designed to meet the combined wireless and wired needs of small and midsize businesses. Through a tight compilation of systems that range from wired switches to wireless access points (APs), Dell has created solutions that are easy to deploy and configure. If needed, Dell can also provide your business with support services — such as Dell ProSupport and Remote Advisory Services — to help assist with the setting up of components.
These tested and validated networking solution bundles are ideal for small and medium businesses (SMBs) with limited IT resources and offer the following benefits:
- Easy setup and management
- Includes mobility starter kit
- Includes network management software
- 24 or 48 ports with power over Ethernet (PoE) options to help reduce power, installation time and cabling
- Web-based tools to deploy and to optimize wireless coverage
- Includes warranty
- Discounted pricing
Simply follow these steps to order the solutions featured below:
- After reviewing the solution configurations, choose the "Configure and Buy" that seems most applicable to your considerations. The most significant variable between the different bundles is the choice of W-IAP — version 93, 105 or 135.
- Note: if you wish to order the wired switches or wireless AP’s separately, there is a section below the bundles for buying the individual components.
- Once you have clicked the "Configure and Buy" button and are within the ordering page,
a. select the wired switch (PCT 5524P or PCT 5548P) and accessories/options, and
b. select the number of IAP’s that you will need
- You will have to individually select each choice of IAP and its options for all IAPs that you need. You can individually select up to 10 within the bundle configuration.
- Review and finalize the order.
The OpenManage™ Network Manager is downloadable from: www.dell.com/omnm.
If you would like to configure your own purchase, you can buy the components individually:
- PowerConnect 5524P, 24GbE ports, PoE
- PowerConnect 5548P, 48GbE ports, PoE
- PowerConnect W-IAP93, Instant Wireless Access Point, single antenna, 300 Mbps
- PowerConnect W-IAP105, Instant Wireless Access Point, dual antenna, 600 Mbps
- PowerConnect W-IAP135, Instant Wireless Access Point, dual antenna, 900 Mbps
Additional considerations when choosing your solution should include:
- Area of wireless coverage in terms of squared footage
- Structural make up of walls (thickness, materials) and requirements around multiple floors within a building/facility
- Redundancy around the wired switches (2 switches vs. 1) and wireless AP (coverage overlap in case of failures)
- Density and function of user needs, based on the applications, the majority of the content (such as video) and the amount of bandwidth sharing across the APs
- Multiple site needs: one campus with multiple buildings or independent sites in different areas
Software support for IAP requires valid support contract.
Networks cables and mounting kits are not included. Outside of U.S., country specific power cables are not included, but can be ordered separately.