Disaster recovery is a process to protect your IT assets when a disaster strikes. And the best disaster-recovery plans should simplify and reduce cost while improving processes. Dell and VMware provide disaster-recovery solutions that are reliable, cost-effective and simple protection for all virtualized applications.
With Dell Servers and Storage Solutions coupled with VMware®, organizations can effectively meet core requirements for disaster recovery:
- Rapid recovery with automation
- Reliable recovery, nondisruptive testing automation and simplified testing of recovery plans
- Affordable recovery without requiring a duplicate, idle data center
Dell and VMware provide virtualization architectures that are tuned to small and medium businesses' (SMBs) current and anticipated business, and the tools needed to implement an effective disaster-recovery plan. VMware® vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™ complements vSphere™ to ensure the simplest and most reliable disaster protection for all virtualized applications. vCenter Site Recovery Manager leverages cost-efficient vSphere Replication or storage-based replication to provide centralized management of recovery plans, enable nondisruptive testing, and automate site recovery and migration processes. vCenter Site Recovery Manager provides the following key capabilities:
- vSphere Replication: vCenter Site Recovery Manager provides built-in vSphere Replication for simple and cost-efficient replication. vSphere Replication is the industry's first hypervisor-based replication, purpose-built for vSphere and Site Recovery Manager. vSphere Replication enables the use of heterogeneous storage across sites.
- Broad support for storage-based replication: vCenter Site Recovery Manager supports a broad range of storage-based replication products from VMware's storage partners. Storage-based replication provides powerful replication to protect larger sites and business-critical applications.
- Centralized recovery plans: With vCenter Site Recovery Manager, setting up a centralized and automated recovery plan is simple and can be done in a matter of minutes through an interface that is tightly integrated with vCenter server.
- Automated failover and site migrations: vCenter Site Recovery Manager automates the entire site recovery and migration process. Upon initiating a disaster failover, business services are automatically recovered with limited or no manual intervention.
- Nondisruptive testing: With vCenter Site Recovery Manager, failover testing can be performed as frequently as required and is nondisruptive to production systems. Organizations are able to quickly identify any problems with recovery plans to enable fast resolution.