Systems Management Designed for Midsize IT Environments
Microsoft offers a seamless, unified management solution that allows you to monitor, update and manage your entire environment — from your Microsoft® applications to your Dell hardware and IT services — all through a common interface. Microsoft System Center Essentials (SCE) provides a single solution with a single console for comprehensive monitoring, update management, software deployment, and hardware and software inventory.
Microsoft System Center Essentials (SCE) 2010 is designed specifically for organizations with up to 50 Windows servers and 500 Windows clients.
Dell and Microsoft have integrated the same Dell OpenManage™ hardware management functionality into SCE that we codeveloped for enterprise environments. Our approach to IT management delivers immediate business value to your organization by:
- Accelerating problem resolution and enabling automation of system updates
- Deploying and provisioning servers faster in response to business needs
- Minimizing downtime by simplifying day-to-day IT management tasks
IT departments of all sizes can now proactively manage IT environments with increased efficiency and productivity.
Integrated Management Tools Help Streamline IT Operations
Dell offers the following management tools to help you holistically manage both physical and virtual IT environments with SCE in a highly automated end-to-end process:
- Dell Management Packs discover and monitor the health status of Dell servers, blades, MD storage, business client PCs and printers. The hardware system attributes are displayed and events are received through the SCE console.
- Dell Server Update Catalogs automate patch of system BIOS, firmware, drivers and application updates for Dell servers and blades.
- Dell Business Client Update Catalog automates the patch process of system updates for Dell Precision™ workstations, OptiPlex™ desktops and Latitude™ E-Family laptops in a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or SCE environment.
- Dell Server PRO-Pack (Performance and Resource Optimization Pack) simplifies management of virtual machines hosted on Dell PowerEdge™ servers. Dell Server PRO-Pack, when used with SCE and System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) 2008, provides proactive management for physical systems and multivendor hypervisor environments. If an alert is generated from a virtualized host machine, Dell Management Pack notifies SCVMM through the Server PRO-Pack and then enables actions, such as migration of all virtual machines (VMs), to another host in the cluster.
Dell Management Packs for System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and SCE are available at no charge as a download.
Dell Hardware Update Catalogs for SCCM, SCE and Systems Management Server (SMS) are integrated and automatically downloaded through the Microsoft management applications as soon as they are released by Dell.